ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: NetLaunch

<< < (3/8) > >>

steeladept:
Cool.  I will check it out and try making a screencast of my trial if that is okay with you (since I am trying to learn how to screencast for the NANY project in general anyway  :Thmbsup:).  I will send you a copy of the screencast if it is sucessful.  Don't expect it right away, though.  I have a lot of work on my plate right now and will be out of town on business for two weeks - so it probably will be at least a month before I have anything to show.

BTW:  I will keep up with the updates as best I can, I just won't necessarily have anything to show for it before then.

kamahl:
New version up.
0.0.1 Changelog:

* Fixed bug where -d wasn't implemented.
* Added functionality to allow launching with command line arguments.
* Removed update functionality for now.  it will still work if you put dcuhelper.exe into the folder.
* more behind the scenes work on the GUI
* added --agent command line argument, for those who wish to see a nonfunctional interface.
Edit: Realized I didn't actually document the new features...
NetLaunch.exe -u program.exe [--arguments are -awesome!]

A redundant but useful command is this:  Netlaunch.exe -u Netlaunch.exe [--update]
Because I haven't put my network checks into the update code.

kamahl:
I've just uploaded version 0.1.0 (You'll notice that's an entire 0.1 higher than previously :D)

New in this version

* A GUI
* the ability to add tasks
* a few settings.
* a completely horrible tray icon - something I just grabbed from my mydocs folder - just to check that the tray icon would work.
* A bunch of buttons that do nothing.
* The ability to manually update network status - No timed events yet.
* Both timed checks, and a button to do manual checks.  Interval can be changed in the settings window - defaults at 60 seconds.
* Four possible actions (Launch, Quit, Kill, Do Nothing) for each state (Up or Down)
* Persistent Settings. "%localsettings%\Application Data\Kamahl\Netlaunch\Settings.xml" for those who wish to prod at it.
Now would be a good time to do a shout-out to those of you who are decent with the graphics side of things;  Could someone design a nice Icon for NetLaunch?  :)

EDIT: released a new version, which fixes most the errors that existed in 0.1.0.  Given that nobody has downloaded 0.1.0 yet, I just re-uploaded it, and didn't change the version number.

kamahl:
Cool.  I will check it out and try making a screencast of my trial if that is okay with you (since I am trying to learn how to screencast for the NANY project in general anyway  :Thmbsup:).  I will send you a copy of the screencast if it is sucessful.  Don't expect it right away, though.  I have a lot of work on my plate right now and will be out of town on business for two weeks - so it probably will be at least a month before I have anything to show.

BTW:  I will keep up with the updates as best I can, I just won't necessarily have anything to show for it before then.
-steeladept (July 22, 2010, 09:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Forgot to post this earlier, but Thanks  :Thmbsup:.  I'm very interested in seeing your results.

kunkel321:
The NANY newsletter says, "Icon Help Wanted."  What icon-assistance do you need?  -steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version