ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: NetLaunch

<< < (6/8) > >>

kyrathaba:
Nice job, kunkel!!  :Thmbsup:

mouser:
Just got around to trying NetLaunch, i think it has some great possibilities..
I ran into a couple of issues:

* 1. An occasional random crash -- i can provide details if you can't reproduce.
* 2. An error message about not understanding what "DoNothing" action means.  Funny how computers have a hard time understanding "do nothing", i've never had a problem understanding that myself -- in fact i'm quite good at it.
* 3. Both 1+2 may have to do with the fact that the "what to do" action should be a "Drop Down List" in windows control parlance, rather than a "Drop Down"; the difference being that the former only allows user to choose among those items listed, where the latter also allows user to type in random text.

mouser:
Another question is how it decides whether the network is up or not.. With multiple network adapters it would seem like the way to do this is either to let user select the adapters/networks to test for up/down, OR test interenet connectivity in general.  Not sure what NetLaunch does..

wraith808:
I had that same question when I was using it... I ended up disabling my wireless on my laptop, as it seemed to think that the network was up, even though the wireless wasn't actually connected to anything when I yanked the ethernet cable.

kamahl:
1. An occasional random crash -- i can provide details if you can't reproduce.
-mouser (January 07, 2011, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
That would be wonderful.

2. An error message about not understanding what "DoNothing" action means.  Funny how computers have a hard time understanding "do nothing", i've never had a problem understanding that myself -- in fact i'm quite good at it.
--- End quote ---
That would be a slight mistake on my part.  I recently changed to enums from Strings, and may have accidentally left a space somewhere.

3. Both 1+2 may have to do with the fact that the "what to do" action should be a "Drop Down List" in windows control parlance, rather than a "Drop Down"; the difference being that the former only allows user to choose among those items listed, where the latter also allows user to type in random text.
--- End quote ---
Agreed.  I'll make the adjustment.

Another question is how it decides whether the network is up or not.. With multiple network adapters it would seem like the way to do this is either to let user select the adapters/networks to test for up/down, OR test interenet connectivity in general.  Not sure what NetLaunch does..
--- End quote ---
I tests all available interfaces, excluding preset blacklisted adapters (virtual and VPN adapters)

I plan on making this blacklist configurable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version