ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why do we always wait for apple's stuff before making a i[blank]-killer??

<< < (12/12)

Darwin:
It all boils down to brilliant marketing and beautiful presentation. I have a three year old Samsung mp3 player that is a joy to use, beautifully made and sounds great. What's it called? YP-T9QJBY! WTF? Apple picked a hip and sexy name and built a well thought out and well made mp3 player around it. Ten years or so later, their mp3 players carry the same name with nothing more than a descriptive secondary name and the models capacity appened to it - iPod Nano 4GB for example - and Samsung no longer even markets mp3 players in Canada, which kills me.

What kills me even more is the cost of an Apple product compared to its competition. An 8GB Sony Video mp3 player is $89 here vs $149 for a very similar iPod Nano 8GB - hell, you can go to a 16GB Sony for $129! The gap between Apple computers and non-Apple computers seems to have started to increase again, as well. Back to my point, though, why are people so willing to part with a significantly greater amount of money for far less well-spec'd equipment? Marketing.

EDIT: PS The Microsoft Zune, as far as I can tell, is no longer available here, either.

superboyac:
^^Yup.  Well said.

andykeating:
hey some has to initiate the innovative thinking so that is what apple has done..and that's y the charges are high because of monopoly...and rest other are the followers who just develop a thing to be in competition..i also really don't get that why all other big companies wait for an initiator???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version