ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

10 Suicides at Apple factory this year.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Eóin:
We as consumers should have much, or all, of the guilt on our consciences too. We want cheap electronics and are all to happy to turn a blind eye to those exploited to bring the goods.

Deozaan:
I can happily say I have no guilt about this. I don't support Apple and I don't want any of their "cheap" electronics.

And who said anyone is being exploited? The factory is "pretty nice" after all.

'You go in this place and it's a factory but, my gosh, they've got restaurants and movie theatres and hospitals and swimming pools. For a factory, it's pretty nice,' he said.
--- End quote ---

Lashiec:
Unfortunately for you, Foxconn also works for other electronic companies, which you may have bought devices from in the past. And this is not the first time that Foxconn has been involved in investigations regarding how they treat their employees, although it's likely the working conditions aren't as bad as the ones reported on one of KYE Systems (a.k.a. Genius) factories.

Deozaan:
In that case, it's certainly easy to "turn a blind eye" to something you didn't even know existed until just hours ago.

Lashiec:
Sure thing :)

I simply wanted to dispel the assumption the media seems to have created, that just because the incidents happened at "Apple's factory", somehow they are the bad guys, though it could have happened with any other company Foxconn works for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version