ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Autohotkey added to geshi syntax highlighting feature on forum

<< < (5/5)

nudone:
found the one i'm using: http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/topic53288.html

not tried anything else yet.

ewemoa:
thanks, ewemoa. do you use Notepad++ as well?
-lanux128 (June 03, 2010, 06:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
What comes to mind at the moment, concerning my Notepad++ usage is:

* Replacing across multiple files via regular expressions
* Quick view of a file
further off-topic detailsFor the former, it's been pretty good with occasional crashing -- unfortunately, I haven't managed to figure out conditions for reproducing this reliably.  It'd be nice for it to do previewing with interactive replacement -- may be it does, and I haven't figured this out.

For the quick-file-viewing, it happens to be fast enough for quick start up here, so it's what I have as a default viewer when using Coffee.

Although a number of other editors with syntax highlighting start up comparably fast (if not faster, e.g. SciTE.exe), I don't think I've tried one that offers both of the above features.

It certainly would be nicer if Notepad++ offered out-of-the-box support for AutoHotkey!

For longer sessions I tend to use Emacs or Code::Blocks -- and if I happen to be using something like Cygwin or MSYS, I tend to use whatever comes up via vi.

for editors with well formed syntax highlighters, one could try SciTE4AutoHotkey
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the SciTE4AutoHotkey link!  When I looked this time, I spotted the portable version, so may be I will give it a try.  Somehow I had the impression that there wasn't a portable version so I had not tried it before.  Reminds me of the potential value of continuing to check for some things -- things change, and things can be missed ;)

I have tried PSPad and Notepad2 as well.  The former I had various difficulties with so when Notepad++ appeared on the radar...The latter I didn't end up using enough to give a fair assessment.

Update: Saw the following text regarding the non-zip download for SciTE4AutoHotkey:

Despite being an installer, the installation can be portable (uncheck the default editor box).

--- End quote ---

Sounds nice  :up:

ewemoa:
Thanks for the SciTE4AutoHotkey link!  When I looked this time, I spotted the portable version, so may be I will give it a try.
-ewemoa (June 03, 2010, 04:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have tried it now.  It looks quite interesting.

Unfortunately...I haven't come up with a good way for the SciTE4AutoHotkey directory to not have it live inside the directory containing AutoHotkey.exe.  Editing of .properties files seems to be one approach though the toolbar ones (.ini-file like) don't reference ahk.properties (non-ini file which is where AutoHotkeyDir is defined).  I'm not sure whether these changes will survive upgrades...

It also seems that I'd need 2 installations -- one for AHK and one for AHK_L :(

Update: Sorry, forgot to post some shots of the highlighting (below is what I got by default):

Now for some with the included psp style:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version