ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shortcut Creator

<< < (13/27) > >>

ewemoa:
The following possibilities have come up so far (neither implemented nor tested):

1. Provide two modes of operation -- one mode just creates shortcuts while the other one asks for a comment first (say via some dialog box) and then creates shortcuts.  The mode might be toggled via a hotkey and a visual indication of which mode was currently active might be provided via different tray icons.

2. Modifier-based behavior difference.  Configure CreateShortcutsIn to behave differently (as described in the previous possibility) depending on whether a particular modifier (e.g. Shift, Alt, Control, etc.) is held down when the menu item is invoked.
-ewemoa (June 10, 2010, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
Another idea is to use one of the lock keys (e.g. CapsLock, NumLock, ScrollLock) to toggle the behavior.  I have tested this and it seems to work:

http://ewemoa.dcmembers.com/tmp/CreateShortcutsIn.exe

SHA1: 4535a8c171b560dda75d960922f7bd340f6a95f1

Add any of the following to the ini file to test:

CommentToggleKey=CapsLock

or

CommentToggleKey=NumLock

or

CommentToggleKey=ScrollLock

If there is no setting, the program should default to using NumLock.

Contro:
I would like to modificate the script CTRL+SHIFT+S to modify during the shortcut copy the comment in it.
-Contro (June 10, 2010, 08:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
If there are multiple destination folders, do you want to specify a comment for each destination separately, or should all destinations use the same comment?

Please provide an example.
-ewemoa (June 12, 2010, 04:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's a minor pretension.
May be different comment for each one shortcut. But perhaps is better do this when we have created the shortcut. I have made proofs and is preferable edit the title of the shortcut. Try as you wish.
The point is mantain simplicity. Edit the comment is useful for only a few users.
Concatenate the action is complicated. I think better only one action at a time.

Contro:
IN the past I need environmental variables and have no utility because need to reiniate the system to take place.
-Contro (June 11, 2010, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
I use batch (.bat) files to set environment variables -- this way I do not need to restart my system (or log off and then on) to make adjustments.

For example, I have done something similar to the following successfully:

1. Create a file named CreateShortcutsIn.bat in the same directory where CreateShortcutsIn.exe is located.

2. Put the following in the file named CreateShortcutsIn.bat:

set MYCOMMONPATH=Documents and Settings\JOSE\Escritorio
set ONE=C:\%MYCOMMONPATH%
set TWO=D:\%MYCOMMONPATH%
set THREE=F:\%MYCOMMONPATH%
set FOUR=I:\%MYCOMMONPATH%
set FIVE=M:\%MYCOMMONPATH%
set SIX=N:\%MYCOMMONPATH%
start CreateShortcutsIn.exe

--- End quote ---

3. Put the following in CreateShortcutsIn.ini:

--- Code: Text ---[Settings]; hotkey to bring up menuHotkey=^+c; destination locations (numbered starting at 1) to choose from; absolute path1=C:\; environment variable support2=%TEMP%; multiple locations, separate by |3=C:\WINDOWS|C:\; hotkey for location(s)4=^+d::C:\Documents and Settings5=^+p::%ONE%|%TWO%|%THREE%|%FOUR%|%FIVE%|%SIX%
4. Use CreateShortcutsIn.bat (the batch file) to start the program (e.g. double-click its icon).

Does that sort of thing work for you?

-ewemoa (June 11, 2010, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try and comments.
Best Regards

Contro:
Ewemoa I am here and don't forget. It's only too much work.
One situation is this :
I scan a document and save to the year scanned documents. Then I open one or two folders and need a shortcut there. This two folders always vary. And the scanned folder vary each year.
 :P
I will comment

Contro:
Hello again.
The idea is splendid.
I have revised my support and I remembered received from Computer hope a script for that purpose because I need some other feed for excel 2002 to control variables.
So.
As I told you there is no way with antelation the folders I need. But if we can know the active windows and his codes I think is possible to create the variables looking for that active windows in the windows registry.
When we execute the bat file we create those variables.
What do you think about it ?

Best Regards

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version