ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Shortcut Creator

<< < (7/27) > >>

ewemoa:
Thanks for the feedback.

Is something strange.
I have been manipulating the ini.

1. With only one option :The program fails when I let only one option.
1=%userprofile%
-Contro (June 05, 2010, 02:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
I tried:

--- ---[Settings]
; hotkey for activation, see AutoHotkey 'Hotkey' command docs
Hotkey=^+c
; destination locations to choose from
1=%userprofile%
; total number of locations to display (starting at 1)
Total=1

and it worked fine here -- may be I misunderstood.  Would you mind providing your full ini file?

2. The program is more powerful , but is not "ultra-fast". The interesting point when only one option is desired is inmediately creation.

--- End quote ---
There is a sleep command in the loop that forces a pause.  May be I can rearrange the code so that the sleep only happens if there is more than one item to make a shortcut of.

Do you have any comments, skwire?

3. the program fails in the recreation of the ini file. I close the program. I edit the ini file. But after the environmental variables are not recognized.

--- End quote ---
I don't understand what you mean by "recreation".  Would you mind elaborating?

If you don't mind, perhaps you could provide step-by-step instructions on an example case demonstrating the issue and how you think it should behave.  Then I can try to reproduce it locally.

BTW, the tray icon menu should contain some menu items that might be handy, in case you haven't seen them:

* Open Configuration File
* Reload Configuration
* Exit
Have you tried them out?

4. Feature one to many .

I select the icon or subfolder in the active window  I am. And automatically the same shortcut is created in all active windows i have opened selecting the option "Active Windows" or similar.
The option "This active Window" is irrelevant because the windows xp system come with that option almost directly.

--- End quote ---
Hmm, I don't understand.  Would you mind showing me some screenshots?

Perhaps the best way of fast linking wil be two or more hotkeys. One , by example, to send the icon to the desktop, and other to open the general selection table.

--- End quote ---
Let's come back to this after addressing the other points.  Perhaps you can bring it up again later?

Contro:
Understood. I'll try the best of my own documentating.

I'll take screenshots or even a video.

Best Regards

skwire:
There is a sleep command in the loop that forces a pause.  May be I can rearrange the code so that the sleep only happens if there is more than one item to make a shortcut of.
Do you have any comments, skwire?-ewemoa (June 05, 2010, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

That small of a sleep shouldn't make that much of a difference.  I put it in there as a failsafe against a user selecting many thousands of files and having their computer act unresponsive while that many shortcuts were created.  Take it out...see if anything changes for Contro.

ewemoa:
That small of a sleep shouldn't make that much of a difference.  I put it in there as a failsafe against a user selecting many thousands of files and having their computer act unresponsive while that many shortcuts were created.  Take it out...see if anything changes for Contro.
-skwire (June 06, 2010, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the suggestion.  I will try that.

Contro:
General idea :

Shortcut Creator

Screenshots explaining the general idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version