ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Request: Please share your prioritization methods here

<< < (7/9) > >>

IainB:
@Paul Keith: If it helps, then here's a screenshot of part of my old Lotus Agenda category tree.
They are a bit like nested labels in Gmail, except that the latter seem rather limited by comparison.

Paul Keith:
Thanks IainB, could you give at least some hint on the context of the blurred category?

Btw yeah it helps.

Some other things:

What is DOB, DOW and DOD.

Also do you have an image for ones that is less contact based? It's a bit too reliant on categories pertaining to an addresss book but it seems like the meat is below that image.

Btw as an aside, have you looked into this application?

I was curious if that's synonymous to how you name your categories.

Paul Keith:
Good work, bad work, great work
--- End quote ---

http://changethis.com/manifesto/show/68.03.GreatWork

IainB:
@Paul Keith:

* Could you give at least some hint on the context of the blurred category?: It was a person's name.
* What is DOB, DOW and DOD?: Date of Birth/Wedding/Death, respectively.
* Do you have an image for ones that is less contact based? Yes. The category tree was several hundred category lines long, with many parent/child nested categories. I shall put up some more screenshots later when I have the time.
* Have you looked into this application? No. But I just did. Looks like an interesting system.
Update 2010-07-06: @Paul Keith: Here you go - two more screenshots of my Lotus Agenda category tree.

Update 2010-07-08: @Paul Keith: The lines between items in the category tree represent mutually exclusive relationships. No lines = NOT mutually exclusive. The musical notes: the solo one means there is a note is attached to that category item, stored in the database. The twin one means that a note is attached to that category item, but it is in a separate .txt file.

Paul Keith:
professional, extracurricular, personal:

http://calnewport.com/blog/?p=115

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version