ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Clipboard Help+Spell finally gets hotkeys for groups and formatting presets

<< < (3/3)

limelect:
P.S what i forgot to mention in my application i tried to cntr C ALL but all control C formats
My application is in Delphi and i am willing to share some ideas with the programmer
of this appliction

mouser:
let's not forget that there are lots of hotkey applications that can easily paste some text when you hit a specific hotkey.. including autohotkey and autoit.

that's the only reason i didn't give it a high priority in CHS -- not because i don't think its important to be able to paste text with a hotkey, but because it's something you can do with other tools so easily.

rjbull:
I am using the word DELPHI ,and others,  in many applications all day long
-limelect (June 12, 2010, 11:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
If that's a major need, you might want to try one of the text expanders/completers as well as CHS.  I use Typing Assistant, which is good payware.  But you can get text expansion in various freewares too, including AutoHotKey/AHK.

limelect:
Thank you for the new knowledge i got from you (AutoHotKey/AHK.)
I guess i am too busy working
It works great
However i still thing my requirement is needed as to assign dynamically
the words i got from cntr C to any hot key instead of going trough
script/compilation. Further more the time it takes to execute
a simple script is much much slower then pushing the word to clipboard

rjbull:
However i still thing my requirement is needed as to assign dynamically
the words i got from cntr C to any hot key instead of going trough
script/compilation. Further more the time it takes to execute
a simple script is much much slower then pushing the word to clipboard
-limelect (June 13, 2010, 01:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I was using AHK for text expansion, I assigned a hotkey to reload the script, as per the AHK Help:
^!r::Reload  ; Assign Ctrl-Alt-R as a hotkey to restart the script.
--- End quote ---

That was on the first line.  I kept the script open in a text editor.  When I updated a shorthand expansion, I pressed Ctrl-S in the editor to save the script, then Ctrl-Alt-R to reload it.  Quick enough.  If you use Typing Assistant (TA) it's even easier.  Mark the text you want expanded in future, press Ctrl-C to send it to the clipboard, press a couple of TA hotkeys to bring up the right box and you'll find the body text already filled in, with just the short version to add.  Or, you could try Oscar's MiniCLIP which is a freeware clipboard enhancer with shorthand expansion built-in, but even the author says he probably never used it.  I certainly haven't  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version