ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Word 2007: Are Table Styles safe to use now?

<< < (5/9) > >>

JavaJones:
I guess I'm not clear on how you want to format your glossary visually (nor on what the data looks like already in IQ). But likely I'd bring it into Excel and then just export as tab-separated data, load it into Word and then adjust the tabs as needed. That should neatly turn spreadsheet columns into adjustable tabs...

- Oshyan

Target:
So, what would you do if you already had a long glossary completed in another program (i.e. InfoQube) and you wanted to stick that information into a Word document?  That's what I'm doing.  Before I can stick it in, I have to massage IQ's output a little (headers, formatting, etc.)  So what I'm doing now is doing that all in Excel, and copy/paste it into Word.
-superboyac (May 27, 2010, 04:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

since your formatting requirements are minimal here (if i remember rightly you mentioned plain text, left column bold) I'd probably try pasting without any formatting (forgive me if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here).

that ties in with one of the suggestions from the MVP quote, and it's easy to apply that level of formatting uniformly to the whole table

superboyac:
Here's an example of what I'd like the glossary to look like.  This is done in excel:

PPLandry:
Sorry to jump in, but isn't that exactly what the InfoQube built-in HTML export (settings mode) gives you ?

superboyac:
Sorry to jump in, but isn't that exactly what the InfoQube built-in HTML export (settings mode) gives you ?
-PPLandry (May 27, 2010, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I have used the html export feature, but is that the "best" way of putting it into a Word document?  I make a point of this, because this is the first time I'm using Word the "right" way with styles, templates, fields, etc.  If I use the html export from IQ, how does that integrate with the styles I've set up in my document?

All the MVPs are very strict about what they do and don't do with Word.  I haven't heard anyone say anything about bringing in html, that's why I don't know.  But they have very strong opinions about the proper way to use (or not use) tables.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version