ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's Official: Apple Is Now Worth More Than Microsoft*

<< < (7/8) > >>

Josh:
One thing stands out in my mind and that is this statement I have heard over and over again which rings true:

"Microsoft is a Software company which dabbles in small electronics. Apple is a hardware company which dabbles in software"
--- End quote ---

Microsoft does not produce large scale computers or devices. Microsoft really makes its money in software and putting that software on various devices. Yes, they have some hardware, but that, like Apple's PC division, is not where they make their big bucks.

rgdot:
The biggest money maker for MS has always, at least in the last 15-20 years, been software (Office)
My opinion on Apple remains the same....power of hype and marketing and little more.

Josh:
 :up: :up: rgdot

Innuendo:
One thing stands out in my mind and that is this statement I have heard over and over again which rings true:

"Microsoft is a software company which dabbles in small electronics. Apple is a hardware small electronics company which dabbles in software computers."
--- End quote ---

-Josh (May 31, 2010, 07:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Fixed that for you, Josh!  ;D

Josh:
Close enough ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version