ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you know a free HTML editor with real time preview in adjacent pane?

<< < (7/17) > >>

HankFriedman:
Dear HA14,

Amaya has a vertical split, synching, etc. and would be great BUT it has no wordwrap so long lines drift way offscreen.

Apparently, wordwrap has been asked for for years, but not added.

:(

It's funny how the lack of one little feature can diminish the value of a great program greatly

lanux128:
Apparently, wordwrap has been asked for for years, but not added.
It's funny how the lack of one little feature can diminish the value of a great program greatly-HankFriedman (May 26, 2010, 05:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

it seems that wordwrap is a feature that often lags behind other options in an editor. though in my case it was a non-HTML editor - PSPad, which had some problems with word-wrap until the dev fixed it much much later. i'm sure there are others with similar problem..

HankFriedman:
My quest continues.

I tested bluefish and Blaze (nope to both)

Selida, which is free and would be fine if the sync was at least possible (the preview jumps to the top the minute I enter any code)

And I'm having a similar issue with Codelobster.

wraith808:
good to see that you've found an editor that suits your needs. got to bookmark CoffeeCup myself. :up: btw, i didn't know about Trellian's bad reputation, i wonder why it got flagged at WOT.
-lanux128 (May 25, 2010, 08:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you know a free HTML editor with real time preview in adjacent pane?

johnnylately:
So the best ones, with sync that is, are:

Microsoft Office Sharepoint Designer (FREE)...-HankFriedman (May 25, 2010, 08:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

this is very interesting, Microsoft is giving away Sharepoint Designer. :) must get it now...

-lanux128 (May 25, 2010, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

:) Previously mentioned:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=17766.msg158487#msg158487-40hz (May 25, 2010, 09:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

lol, my apologies.. your post really flew in under the radar.. :)
-lanux128 (May 25, 2010, 09:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

MS link redirects to general MS Server page.  

It appears that you must have access to Sharepoint (from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-designer-help/introducing-sharepoint-designer-2010-HA101782482.aspx?CTT=1)

"If you haven’t installed SharePoint Designer 2010 yet, the first time you launch it from SharePoint, you’re prompted to download and install it from the Web. The next time you open SharePoint Designer 2010, it opens immediately. It’s also available in the Windows Start menu."

It may be somewhere on MS site for download, Bing search hasn't revealed it yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version