ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Do you know a free HTML editor with real time preview in adjacent pane?

<< < (11/17) > >>

David.P:
OK, two more free Editors that look very promising are a) Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer 2007, and b) Amaya.

While both have WYSIWYG editing and synchronized html source split view/edit, SharePoint Designer probably is somewhat overly complex for simple editing tasks.

Amaya OTOH seems to have just the right degree of complexity vs. functions for doing quick edits on a page.

Cheers David.P

urlwolf:
It´s easier to use a normal editor, and have a browser that autorefreshes with changes next to it.
For FF, you have autoreload: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/auto-reload/?src=api

flamerz:
i want to recommend Webcoder 2010. (is paid, but its worth the price)

HankFriedman:
I had already evaluated SharePoint Designer and Amaya on earlier pages, and the problem with urlwolf's suggestion, which I tried out, is that you have to save the file to see the changes in FireFox, which is inconvenient at best. :(

And I tried Webcoder 2010 and the preview was not active, or at least when it refreshed it jumped to the top of the page, instead of keeping focus on where one is working. That's not useful. :(

Am I missing something?

David.P:
Hank, what was wrong with SharePoint Designer?

I had to make sure to get the 2007 version (not the 2010 version) because the former doesn't need access to SharePoint (whatever that is) in order to edit my webpages.

Regards David.P
--
PS: two more editors with split screen mode -- and two caveats: 1.) I haven't tried them and 2.) they are payware.

Alleycode:

MyEclipse:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version