ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Best ScreenCaster

Wink 2.0 in the Works

(1/1)

Keilup:
I've been a fan of Wink for a while and used it for miscellaneous projects.  For those that are interested, I wanted to mention that Wink 2.0 is in the works.  It currently is in beta testing.  It'll have several new features including voice anotation.

mouser:
great to hear!

wink forum: http://www.debugmode.com/userforums/

Wink Features
* Freeware: Distributed as freeware for business or personal use. However if you want to redistribute Wink, you need to get permission from the author.
* Cross-Platform: Available for all flavours of Windows and various versions of Linux (x86 only).
* Input formats: Capture screenshots from your PC, or use images in BMP/JPG/PNG/TIFF/GIF formats.
* Output formats: Macromedia Flash, Standalone EXE, PDF, PostScript, HTML or any of the above image formats. Use Flash/html for the web, EXE for distributing to PC users and PDF for printable manuals.
* Multilingual support: Works in English, French, German, Italian, Danish, Spanish, Serbian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and Simplified/Traditional Chinese.
* Smart Capture Tools: Capture screenshots automatically as you use your PC, based on mouse and keyboard input (great time saver and generates professional captures).
* Performance/Quality: Creates highly compressed Flash presentations (few kbs to few hundreds of kbs, much smaller than competing commercial products) ideal for using on the web.

hamradio:
I noticed that Wink 2.0 build 1000 is out as of April 12, 2006!

mouser:
yep, see here also where wink2 is compared:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2985.0

jgpaiva:
This find is one of those that makes me love DC!
I made a small demo video of farr with wink, to see how it'd come out, and i'm astonished with the results!
Wink is even better than i thought, anyone looking for a good screencaster, definitelly should give wink a shot.
It's very easy to use it, and it produces great results.
Thanks for the reference!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version