ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Burning Studio 10

<< < (5/7) > >>

cyberdiva:
Ashampoo software are competent apps, but is it really worth the email harassment they put you through?
-Innuendo (May 22, 2010, 05:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
I can't remember how I got a copy of Ashampoo Burning Studio 9, but the continual stream of messages urging me to upgrade, or try another of their programs, really turned me off.  I dismissed Ashampoo as just junk--until recently, when I found myself wanting to make a number of very straightforward audio CDs.  To my surprise and frustration, all the other programs I had, including the commercial program CopytoDVD and the freeware BurnAware Free and CDBurnerXP, failed far more often than they succeeded, leaving me with lots of useless coasters.  In desperation, I tried the copy of Ashampoo Burning Studio 9 that had been sitting idly on my computer.  It succeeded--repeatedly.  I still hate all the email pitches, but I now feel willing to put up with them.

Curt:
I also have 120% version 7 installed....-Curt (May 21, 2010, 11:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Huh? Alcohol 120% has only just recently reached version 2. Where'd you get v7, Curt??
-Innuendo (May 22, 2010, 05:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

-I forgot I had the same confusing before the purchase. It seems that versions sold by Avanquest are numbered differently. On the Alcohol-soft homepage the Latest version is 2.0.0.1331, but Avanquest (in Germany) are calling the discounted version that they sold to me (5'th May 2010) for the new version 7.

This email quote tells that support is handled by Avanquest, and assumably not by Alcolhol:

Um den technischen Kundendienst für unsere Produkte zu erreichen, senden Sie bitte Ihre E-Mail mit einer genauen Problembeschreibung an [email protected]
--- End quote ---

-but the picture tells something different (@hotline-service.de)(maybe "you" will check inside a genuine Alcohol 120% and see who is really dealing with support?):

Curt:
Ashampoo software are competent apps, but is it really worth the email harassment they put you through?
--- End quote ---

sorry, I never understood this complaint. Click "unsubsribe". End of story.

cyberdiva:
--- End quote ---

sorry, I never understood this complaint. Click "unsubsribe". End of story.
-Curt (May 23, 2010, 03:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
The problem is that I would like to know about new versions of the software, and perhaps even be made aware of other software the company sells, but not every few days!   :down:  I agree with Innuendo that their email diarrhea is extremely annoying, and it gave me a very negative impression of the company.  It led me to assume that Ashampoo's products were garbage until I was desperate enough to try the copy of Burning Studio 9 that was sitting on my computer.  I was really surprised to find out how well it works.

cchian:
When you hit the unsubscribe link in their email you will be taken to their "Service Letter Management" page where you can make changes to your subscriptions including the frequency of the emails.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version