ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR version 2 - discuss the best way to handle 'actions'

<< < (6/16) > >>

jgpaiva:
I'm for the first option, mouser (and i think that nontroppo also is, right? ;) ).
It is the most flexible one, as it allows to keep the interface farr has now, but with much more flexibility.
Only one proposition: When you type an action, it could like you said, copy it to the "then" box, but keep it in the same place that you wrote it, maybe with a different color, or something like that, to prevent you from getting confused. (it's not nice to see your cursor go back, to write another thing IMO).

For me, the first option you presented is just perfect, as i always launch the first option. I think the problem would ony arise when you want to specify an option in a result other then the first one. There would have to be the option to have ctrl + # (or something like that) to go to the actions over the # result.

mouser:
I think the problem would ony arise when you want to specify an option in a result other then the first one.
--- End quote ---
yep, i modified my above post to discuss that..
we are getting warmer..

jgpaiva:
Ok, checked your post, and i think there's a small minus in that.
To launch the first result with some action, i'd have to do:
screenshot captor{tab}{tab}launch
Which means one more tab then needed.
I still prefer the ctrl +# option. Or maybe instead of the first tab, you'd have to do {down arrow}, select a result with the arrows, and then hit tab to select the action.

mouser:
if you're doing the default currently selected action you can just hit enter.
since the default action is "launch"
you could just type screenshot captor + ENTER

jgpaiva:
Sorry, my mistake, i meant launching the first result, but with one other action other than the first.
How about this solution:
The disposition would be the first you proposed, 2 boxes at the top, and the results below.
And it would work the same way for both boxes. If you want a result other than the first, with an action other than the first, you do:
{partially write file} {down arrow}, to select the result from the results list. then, {tab}
{partially write action} {down arrow}, to select the option from the actions list, then {enter}

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version