ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: FFBookmarkUnpacker

<< < (2/2)

Nod5:
Hi Frank,
there's no current ini setting for that. I didn't think it would be needed. To debug this can you tell me the path to the boomarks.html file on your system?

If you have autohotkey installed (or install it, it is free autohotkey.com) then you can easily change the path in FFBookmarkUnpacker.ahk and then run that file instead of the exe (or compile a exe from it). Just replace every instance of this string in the code (3 instances) with a full path to your bookmarks.html file:

--- ---%A_AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\kutppos6.default\bookmarks.html

JFrankParnell:
my path is C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ez0qx91j.default
the error it gives is the same as the path you mention:
AppData\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\kutppos6.default\bookmarks.html

Nod5:
That's the path to a regular FF profile. The script only works on the special bookmarks.html file. Maybe you haven't done this:
- type "about:config" in firefox inputbar
- type "browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML"
- set it to "true"
- close firefox
After that the bookmarks.html file should be generated, and updated, on each firefox restart. And then the FFBookmarkUnpacker should work.

JFrankParnell:
browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML;true
but it doesnt make a new profile or book marks

Nod5:
Hm, then I'm afraid I don't know how to solve this. In Firefox 3 doing those steps should result in a bookmarks.html at the standard location. Here is the relevant mozillapage: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version