ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Psychology of the Sale

<< < (2/2)

lanux128:
It has been said that Prostitution is the Oldest Profession.
In disagreement, I proport that Advertising is the Oldest.

My evidence is the fact that even Prostitutes had to Advertise!-parkint (May 14, 2010, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

i hope this doesn't turn into another chicken or egg debate.. but i disagree that advertising is older because logically a profession had to exist before being to able to advertise. ;D

kwacky1:
What worries me more is the perception of donation ware over commercial software on sale
In general, people rely on a simple heuristic, or mental short-cut, when trying to evaluate the quality of a product: we assume that more expensive things are of higher quality. In other words, you get what you pay for. As a result, we automatically suspect products on sale of being faulty, or inferior
--- End quote ---

Which is why it pleases me to see the quality of donation ware like Transendence.

Some people don't realise that donationware is often as good as or even better than commercial alternatives (yes, I'm thinking about Screenshot Captor).   :Thmbsup:

daddydave:
It has been said that Prostitution is the Oldest Profession.
In disagreement, I proport that Advertising is the Oldest.

My evidence is the fact that even Prostitutes had to Advertise!-parkint (May 14, 2010, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

i hope this doesn't turn into another chicken or egg debate.. but i disagree that advertising is older because logically a profession had to exist before being to able to advertise. ;D
-lanux128 (May 15, 2010, 01:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Stock analysis is the oldest profession, because the serpent convinced Adam and Eve to buy stock in apple.

cranioscopical:
Stock analysis is the oldest profession, because the serpent convinced Adam and Eve to buy stock in apple.
-daddydave (May 15, 2010, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, I think it was running a diner, one of those rib joints if I recall.

higherstate:
even Prostitutes had to advertise!
-parkint (May 14, 2010, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe their advertising was 'built in' i.e. how they looked. A bit like having 'get a free hotmail account' at the bottom of every hotmail email that was sent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version