ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release

<< < (3/17) > >>

daddydave:
My random test data for TaskDaddy is a little more random than I expected:

@¨¾DÒo*ŽÏSÇ,TaskDaddyTest ?ǍðªÈÄTæ¢Õ‚l•GC(äÑélкëqÏ”!{‚í†VN“EÀæXã :„#Õ®"Ì6UfŠ‹Ô°ªîËkc¸uve¡±y¦àwr‰“¸ü›yóxþi´»nÆþT†§ÌõñÃ>­·F4åÓd«fË}h)ƒ+üÿ6ùÞrT¹5¸Æ~©²î©LĈG2“‹_–/³wèÅÚ´M÷¿@€¬¾{L_'Z„0%9¾ª7Dé…sªYºØ„“ÒÙV×ýCvõ­ en.Nç©áñd?ÂvÄƱB®:.'ŽúõÔTØ&ÊlwNŠ¢1Ô5Äz!üÀ7¡’½Qß®–£Ø®Œ
@Ž N‚;7Ëö€,TaskDaddyTest á2PBËgë‹%==Ž-•lU¬[}úì~,Þ"ÖX|Râe¡ÞWó‰NP :~ôËž_²üv Xö-Ö²•€‡›WÇpÿ~æëoDÖc×€ëÅR†ŒÜ•å!tðº0ÿª&ç/OGRKS2çFÁIŠ-±ú‰m>Ø2Ô"¨®#brèÑ0v nòì®è !ï­R´¹ï§cü¿ô¤SYÌE×®‰+©‰š”Dä¸.ïFˆZQÆïgY@ùj,í÷BÊæ[i’RSÙڐ>—òëa*ìµqî¢÷'¿Ä¢tïx|¡ôu[³åÌãQ;àqÉêÜû·¢ãq%­­ºhS\àãÇÕ…ïÝe
@ØóÚêZ|—0Eÿ,TaskDaddyTest !\ILlEŨ‹³ÜƒI/Šh¦êì+õúþùd½gª.ë‡y5¥ù1oéßU :È%¼'×½2ï¿¿íèÇÉ·ÒÙî21)ë쀭±íkôùëx¡^¿\~È­2þ£ªÓ+VQœÐ°µz´‚q×ùÛ†4G´rž0Wû´‚ôÂÝ;4Ï?ÕÀ…B:±~[¨WÎv˜¡/1Y§@µCìn*ŠáøúÐ@A3à·M1ÔJ¹–Faa¤‚Ö'§FŒtÎÞ°Z5Zêϵ¾ÂõucÈT;Á[wðG×pHó(›O5ŒnÎ÷ µžû- ŸÌ¨IWA9¬~¨ºÍ›±únŒ`z fåÓ@α
@fOä€Æs‹!*,TaskDaddyTest ”ůë&.ðôI›…n|þP…Ö£Åí4ÃÛ£SfI×ÍìÞ9!}»!8ÿv@ ::˜|ÝòòYË–žÃHöÝAXçY¯¸ù|Á—”º™ƒáY[:÷0:iïB£<EúBn]Š2›o$tTZ©Öê}\÷·/¿°F´g¤àÉ#„§´ñØÇNæFšQ³¾Q,w9f³\9Z%§ý‡¤º‹XaÚe&¡QwÁ2+ZÁñ_e5IÏøu5ëø#P…¤þ.™Câ)×XDf>x}p#R#½nˆZQ6k«2±âÀ¢Ch%lš•–ǧ“…e=üG5O\þ†øc€=Í&—‘N/Ñ]6Ã6oïç
@t3.´jíú95²,TaskDaddyTest ! “PuÚΙ‘ANï¹÷ÍÊó²;eÔ¬-îAD¤¦ËN»WªûîÁÆ‘VË :?`zϽ­”“ì’¦"ƒÈyA€žk –1 çE*XCØøfA„ ƯUŽt#ˆÖ!3§¡S6Ì¢“4à>›ã+1ô2MFna«)Iœ±‡#¶ØŸñI4Æ¢-åeˆ–ôÁ˜@â}©ˆ±„­äý\`O/1­ÃeZƒa”b%ʽ¶¿·qG^ªŽs2m©‘ÒÍÝÂŽ+¨‚ÌÁB÷N›(dÄ:Ÿpõ÷¬­[ëò¢ÍUœA(Æ=!H½ž1ý®ý¶`“r%Ù{ÛÜšË.ôjíñ_¦Áî'7ÅiQ
--- End quote ---

However, every line is in the format @Category1,Category2 This is the task :this is the task body where Category2 is TaskDaddyTest. Can you see it? :stars:

Some characters won't show up right on the internet..

I could make it even more random, but this is a good start for my TaskDaddyTester tool.

daddydave:
Something that came up in writing a tester program for TaskDaddy.

It turns out there is something very special about the date 1/1/4501. A task item with no due date does not have an empty due date property, it has that date.

daddydave:
I wanted to be able to stress-test the core functions of TaskDaddy, and thus TaskDaddyTester was born. It creates tasks and then tries to find them in Outlook, logging lots of data along the way. Then I can visually inspect the tasks in Outlook if needed and then delete tasks manually.

The tester itself is not bug free, but works well enough that it is doing its job and finding anomalies, and giving me some confidence that I will posting a release soon. After reviewing errors in the log, I then have to figure out whether the anomaly can be attributed to TaskDaddy core functions, the TaskDaddyTester, some issue that would only occur in the tester but not TaskDaddy itself, or even Outlook itself.

Regarding the latter, because I am pumping tasks into Outlook as fast as I can, I am seeing Outlook messages I haven't seen before:
NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release

daddydave:
I feel pretty good about the automated tests, so I'm doing some manual tests to see if I broke anything in the process of breaking out core functions needed by the tester to a separate file. Which I did. And when I fixed it then put all the error checking back in, I'm getting COM errors for everything now even though, again, all the tasks are getting created just fine. (EDITED: FIXED - it was a logic error of mine, as usual)  But one of my manual tests went pretty well:

--- ---taskdaddy -f unitasks.txt
where unitasks.txt is a Unicode (UCS2 Big Endian) file.

The result (btw if any of the non-English ligatures are garbled, it was probably the same in the Firefox on Windows source, copied from Wikipedia.)

EDIT: I just resaved the file as UCS2 Little Endian and that works too. Still hating those COM errors (EDITED: which now seem to be fixed). Debating whether I should turn off that error check again so I can put an alpha release out.

daddydave:
Despite popular demand, I have attached what I am calling a pre-pre-pre-alpha release of TaskDaddy. If there is any interest in testing this, please let me know of any glaring bugs or anything that is unclear so I can fix it. I have only tested it with Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 x64.

To get started, grab the TaskDaddy.zip file from the first post in the thread. Extract it to somewhere that is not a subfolder of any variant of "Program Files" This is a requirement for now because any logging I do is done in the same folder as the executable. Logging is currently commmented out, though. TaskDaddy is copyrighted but source code is provided, similar to the way a book is copyrighted but you still have access to all the words. I will go into detail later. The source code is not great but if you want to look through it or compile it yourself with AutoIt3, it is attached to the first post as well (TaskDaddySource.zip).

For some ideas of what to do with it:

* Just double click on the TaskDaddy.exe file, it will automatically go to GUI mode if there are no command line options. This is kind of the "normal" mode. Press F1 for help.
* See the extract from the help file in the first post (some of the information is more up-to-date than the helpfile, in particular the -p switch which prompts for confirmation and lets you change it before creating it.)
* Read the helpfile (let me know of any helpfile bugs or things that are unclear).
* If you are a FARR or Launchy user, try adding tasks to Outlook using the command line options provided.
* Try creating Windows shortcuts that use the command line options of taskdaddy, including the -p option
* Note that TaskDaddy will close after it creates a task or all the tasks in a file. It is believed (and this belief may change) that the target audience would be launching it from something like FARR or Launchy and would just relaunch it as needed.
All feedback is welcome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version