ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release

<< < (2/17) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
I think it would be best for you to update your original post with the updated bits (help file, etc) so that the first post always gives all the information.

Once you get to something you think is a TEASER you can rename your post to that (so people know what's in the Thread).

When you're ready you can use the NANY Template for the standard text bits.

daddydave:
Updated original post with helpfile and abbreviated user guide including screenshots (which didn't seem to bump the topic to recent posts, hence this post).

Perry Mowbray:
 :Thmbsup:

Always a good idea to add a post to describe what's changed  :)

daddydave:
I found some information that sheds some light on why Outlook object always returns an error when I create a task.

Sue Mosher     11-Jan-2007  21:10    
You shouldn't call Close for a Close or Write event. It has always been a source of problems.

Can you provide a link to the security update you applied? That will make it easier ofr us to see if more info is available.
Tom Dougherty   12-Jan-2007  07:09  
Security Update for Outlook 2003 (KB924085) is the item listed in Microsft Update history but a search at microsoft.com retruns no records yet.

I took your advice and switched the line code in item_close from item.close 0 to item.save and the behavior is back to normal.
--- End quote ---

Sue Mosher is a well-known Microsoft Outlook MVP.

So I can fix this in Outlook.au3 and turn error checking back on. Yea!

EDIT: Well, I "fixed" it but I am still getting the error for some reason..hmm.

EDIT 2: Got it sorted now I think. The default StartDate, DueDate, and Importance are all set to "" in the Outlook.au3 function. Outlook COM doesn't like it. Discovered by temporarily replacing the author's COM error handler with the one in the AutoIt help file.

sgtevmckay:
Nice  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version