ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release

<< < (11/17) > >>

DeVamp:
Great to see an update. :-)

One thing I've seen is that ':' (colon) is removed from the body.
EX.: @Stuff New stuff 2 #01/11/2010 the stuff : hupla

See attachment for result.

Oh, and the site gives me an error :'(

daddydave:
@Stuff New stuff 2 #01/11/2010 the stuff : hupla
--- End quote ---

The colon is removed by design, it is just a trigger to indicate that the word that follows is part of the body. Just like the # is removed from the due date. The first part of the body is "the stuff" and the second part is " hupla".

Notice that if you use the colon in normal English* way, without a precediing space (afaik in other languages, too), the colon is not treated specially. So for example, you can say

@Stuff New stuff 2 #01/11/2010 the stuff: hupla
--- End quote ---

and TaskDaddy will do the right thing and make "the stuff: hupla" the body including the colon.

And as you probably know, the stuff is considered part of the body on the basis that the due date ends the task subject.

------snip
@@Home Dust ceiling fan #1/31/2010 turn off fan first
--- End quote ---
Since the due date “interrupts” the task subject, the task subject is considered complete and TaskDaddy deduces that any remaining unmarked text is the subject body, in spite of not including the colon. Task body deduction is the only time the order of the task attributes matters.

However, there is no harm in including the colon every time you specify a task body.

------end snip

Is this good enough or are you requesting it to be interpreted differently?

* On further reflection, I think I learned this in typing class and not in English class, so I am not sure if it is a grammar rule or not.

mouser:
a farr alias for TaskDaddy would be nice. :)

DeVamp:
------snip
@Stuff New stuff 2 #01/11/2010 the stuff : hupla
--- End quote ---
Since the due date “interrupts” the task subject, the task subject is considered complete and TaskDaddy deduces that any remaining unmarked text is the subject body, in spite of not including the colon. Task body deduction is the only time the order of the task attributes matters.
However, there is no harm in including the colon every time you specify a task body.
------end snip
Is this good enough or are you requesting it to be interpreted differently?

* On further reflection, I think I learned this in typing class and not in English class, so I am not sure if it is a grammar rule or not.
-daddydave (September 20, 2010, 04:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Personally I had in mind that while the body can be determined after the due date, it wouldn't check for a colon in the text and just take it all :-)

It's just that I find the result strange:
You check for a colon to split the title and the body, but you still return the whole part after the due date. And not just the part after the colon.

so if the body would be "hupla", i would understand it.

And you are correct, normally the colon needs to be attached to the previous word, but consider me not normal :p
The way I use it in tasks is not like written in a continuously text. :-)
I use it more as a seperator and I don't like to use ' - '.

daddydave:
a farr alias for TaskDaddy would be nice. :)
-mouser (September 20, 2010, 05:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Mouser, could you elaborate on this a bit more? It seems to me that after the first time you launch TaskDaddy using, say, td, then the next time I punch in td, it is going to go to TaskDaddy anyway, so why the need for an alias?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version