ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Release: TaskDaddy Release

<< < (6/17) > >>

daddydave:
I didn't know this when I started but Quick Outlook Task by DC member jpijper is very similar what TaskDaddy aspires to be.

It's called a FARR alias there but it actually is a standalone program too, so it works with or without FARR.

It also has a lot of features TaskDaddy doesn't have yet, like calendar support and search, so I'll have to think about whether TaskDaddy is worth developing any further.

Paul Keith:
There's also TaskBlaze if you haven't heard of it.

These apps aren't really whether there's something similar or not.

They are more about which program has the most comfortable syntax.

It's like CircleDock. Why use it when there's RocketDock? Because people may want it in a circle.

daddydave:
@Paul. Good point, thank you. It's about choices.

I couldn't actually find a download link for TaskBlaze, even though it says "Link: Download TaskBlaze.zip (127.0K)". There was another program I ran across where the author had blogged about it but had put it in a Microsoft repository which has now been discontinued (the repository that is).

Perry Mowbray:
Hey I just tried this (as we use Outlook at work)... why are there two windows? If I move the window, there's another one (identical) behind; both close when complete.  :-\

Also: the width of the window is wrapping the body text under the input box so I can't see the word "help"

But it works!!!  :Thmbsup:

daddydave:
Hey I just tried this (as we use Outlook at work)... why are there two windows? If I move the window, there's another one (identical) behind; both close when complete.  :-\

Also: the width of the window is wrapping the body text under the input box so I can't see the word "help"

But it works!!!  :Thmbsup:
-Perry Mowbray (July 30, 2010, 01:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the bug reports.

Could you post a screen shot?
When you see the two windows, do both seem to be responsive or is one more like a ghost image?
What version of Outlook?
What version of Windows?

I actually didn't test with an Exchange Server configuration, I wonder if that is causing the two windows somehow.

EDIT: Ha! I have the two windows too, I never noticed before. It should be something simple to fix. I still would like a screenshot so I can see the wrapping problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version