ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Teaser Update: ContactFX 0.0.2.0

<< < (5/9) > >>

Perry Mowbray:
Uploaded version 0.0.1.13 for comment.

This version is very close to completing 0.0.2 with all the basic functionality of the Main Panel done.

This version demonstrates the linking abilities. I've written a blog post: ContactFX :: Field Linking, but briefly...

Each field in ContactFX can, rather than hold static data, show data in another field which can be in the same contact, a different contact and, eventually, even a different addressbook file.

The source string can be added to the field by using the Link Effect when dragging and dropping:

or by typing directly into the text box:

Currently implemented fields:

* uid
* displayname
* name.given
* name.additional
* name.family
* formattedname
There's also the ability to use functions in the source string:

Current Functions (case tolerant), though they'll be changing...

* initialise
* capitalise
Would be very happy to get some comments and bug testing...

timns:
I'd like to throw in a feature request: can we have it hook into skype to dial out automatically?  :Thmbsup:

That would make me switch to this thing in a trice. I don't want to encourage bloating but that's really the one reason why I use pagico to keep my address book at the moment.

Perry Mowbray:
I'd like to throw in a feature request: can we have it hook into skype to dial out automatically?  :Thmbsup:

That would make me switch to this thing in a trice. I don't want to encourage bloating but that's really the one reason why I use pagico to keep my address book at the moment.
-timns (October 03, 2010, 05:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

On my list... without the bloat I hope (flexible and versatile is what I'm wanting)  :)

Perry Mowbray:
Uploaded 0.0.1.17. This version adds:

* Paste (for previously copied ContactFX fields)
* Refresh linked fields implemented
* Fixes the previous bugs
* Notes buttons implemented
I'm pretty happy with the Linking functionality now: seems to work ok in my testing.

Fields can be set up to have a default value: check the Formatted Name field:
1. Add a Given Name and a Family Name
2. Enter some text into both fields
3. Add a Formatted Name field. It should be filled with given name & " " & family name (or in ContactFX terms: name.given & " " & name.family)

Soon the ability to set your defaults will also be possible: so if you'll be able to set the default to anything you like...

I'm not completely happy with the FlowLayoutPanel: For example, when you set a field to use remaining width it's position can be a little unpredictable during window resizing. I'd like to add some extra polish to the resizing routines before I move on to the next panel.

Comments? I was thinking that once the Contact window had been set up for a contact that there would not need to be a lot of editing, so maybe the unpredictable positioning is not an issue??

timns:
Downloaded and running smoothly! What level of feedback would you like from this build?

i.e. only bugs for now? or also small stuff? or right down to typos?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version