ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 Teaser Update: ContactFX 0.0.2.0

<< < (3/9) > >>

CleverCat:
I love the graphics Perry!  :Thmbsup:

Perry Mowbray:
I've had a bit of a break from the main ContactFX application to get my head around Vitaly's FARR C# Plugin SDK, which has meant navigating around a new language: It's been fun (once the penny dropped with the SDK).

FARR will be providing Desktop integration including searching contacts, adding contacts and other actions with the contact data (emails, maps, urls, etc). So I wanted to at least get a bare bone working, just to relieve the nerves  ;)

I've added a couple of screenshots to the OP to give an idea of how things are progressing and where it's going:
FARRCfx will display ContactFX data in the FARR HTML window. Each card will be displayed using HTML in a format similar to how they are designed in the main application: i.e. each card can be unique with it's own layout, sorting order, TABS, sections and colours, etc.

The HTML will have the usual functionality that will include: mailto links; hyper-links to webpages, maps, etc; micro-format integration including hCard, XFN, hCalendar, etc.

This will essentially be the same format that will be used for HTML Export (for storing on a USB for example).

Next step is to get ContactFX to actually generate the data file (instead of hand coding it)  :-[

cranioscopical:
Very nice!   :Thmbsup:

J-Mac:
Hi Perry.

So will FARR be the actual interface for ContactFX? Not sure how that will go. I use FARR for launching programs but nothing else. I've never understood it well enough to do anything else with it.

Thanks!

Jim

Perry Mowbray:
So will FARR be the actual interface for ContactFX? Not sure how that will go. I use FARR for launching programs but nothing else. I've never understood it well enough to do anything else with it.
-J-Mac (July 28, 2010, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

No, just one interface into the data. I'm hoping/planning that there will be lots (as that's what's bugged me about other apps)...

If you look at the graphic in the OP...
(see attachment in previous post)
-Perry Mowbray (May 13, 2010, 12:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

...it's meant to show that, to access/search contacts:

* ContactFX can be used. I'm planning:

* Search in ContactFX
* Search via CommandLine parameter (I'm thinking useful in scripts, etc)
* FARR can be used, but doesn't need to.
* Static HTML can be used (once exported).
* Other "Launchers"/scripts can be used with Command Line
The FARR integration at this stage will include:

* Search / Display contacts
* Search & Open contacts (in ContactFX)
* Add contacts
* Run ContactFX
* Other things suggested??
My idea was that ContactFX didn't need to be running all the time, but that's not to say that it can't; I just wanted to provide functionality that it didn't need to be running to get at the data in a reasonable way.

I'm open to suggestions  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version