ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2011

NANY 2011 :: Entry Ideas & Requests

<< < (4/8) > >>

nkormanik:
How exciting.  Thank you.

By the way, I did come across a more elaborate shareware program that included the feature in it, along with many, many other things.  That program is called Moo0 RightClicker.  I think they wanted about $40 for the whole package.  All I really want is this one single function.

skwire:
Small program request:
Context menu item in Windows Explorer.
shortened name: "Move To Parent"
long name:  "Move Selected Items To Parent Directory"
In the old DOS days, it was easy to type in "move xyz.txt ..", or "move *.jpg .."
In Windows there is nothing similar.  And searching through Google turned up no simple program to accomplish this.
Can any of the gurus here do it?-nkormanik (September 25, 2010, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I can do this...

lanux128:
i guess Skwire will have his version soon enough but here's my take on this, MoveToParent. this tool will create a menu item in the SendTo folder, which will move selected file(s) to its parent folder. do give this a try and let me know if it works. a word of caution, please do some tests with sample files first before committing important files.

incidentally i borrowed the filename collision routine from Skwire.. :)

nkormanik:

Thank you lanus128.

Your little compilation works fine on files of all sorts, and on a number of files at once.

For some reason it does not work with folders.

Too, it would be one less step to keep it in the main context menu itself.

Good work, though.  I appreciate it.

lanux128:
Your little compilation works fine on files of all sorts, and on a number of files at once.

For some reason it does not work with folders.

Too, it would be one less step to keep it in the main context menu itself.-nkormanik (September 25, 2010, 04:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

you're welcome, nkormanik.. :)

MoveToParent doesn't detect folders in its current state, i could that if you want. i'll also move the menu item to the main context menu as well.

btw, i've created a new thread here for this tool so that we won't go OT in this thread.

• https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=24095.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version