ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

A unified FARR / Launcher Interface Proposal

<< < (6/11) > >>

mouser:
Do you have a screenshot?
--- End quote ---

this doesn't quite do it justice, but here's a teaser.  there are tons of different kinds of nodes (including virtual folders as requested above) that have different configuration panels.

basically the tree configuration can be used to generate launchbars and menus.

kfitting:
nontroppo:
Yes, Opera's filters in M2 got me started in my fanatical devotion to filters rather than folders!  Of course, there are times when you need a predetermined set of things, but often a filter is fine.

mouser:
Looks nice.  Will this suck in the current FARR options?  Further, will new versions of the major DC programs incorporate this new config interface?  ScreenshotCaptor is another program that could benefit from a visually simpler config page.

Kevin

mouser:
i don't think as a rule i will be using this for configurations.  some people like tree configurations, i personall prefer the tabbed approach even though i know it can get confusing.

this is much more of a serious configuration for working with hundreds or thousands of nodes, letting user drag and drop and copy and paste, and create and delete nodes and drag in files from a file explorer, etc.

its just it can also be used as options configuration as well.

it is however, well suited to stuff like FARR list of alias groups, etc.

nontroppo:
Mouser that's great! I have been thinking about how to do all this and your screenie is very similar to what I envisaged. The idea of node types is very intuitive with further specific options for the node below. :beer:

kfitting:
Fair enough.  The problem with tabs is that you get full rather quickly.  With the number of options you are putting in the programs moving to a tree structure would allow a cleaner interface.  But, at the end of the day, it's your decision! 

Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version