ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

”run and hide” function for MS Office shortcut bar

(1/2) > >>

hgondalf:
I find the use of a shortcut bar, even with lots of submenus, much faster to navigate than the Start menu. I use old MS Office (97) shortcut bar. 

Being greedy for desktop space (because I often have a half-dozen or more apps up and running, I have formerly put the Office shortcut bar into the title bar area. Even so, this blocks the control buttons on some windows or the extended information in the title bar in others.

If I simply hide the shortcut bar, I'm always tripping it when I run the cursor to the top menu of an app.

Could  that nifty run-and-hide macro be modified to hide/restore the MS Office Shortcut bar?

I would be ever so grateful!

-Harry

daddydave:
OK, I'll bite. Which "nifty run-and-hide macro" ?

Deozaan:
FARR?

daddydave:
As far as hiding and restoring the Office bar (or any application), if you search for "boss key", you might find something. From what I understand, that is what a boss key program does, hides and restores a program (supposedly so the "boss" won't see it, which wouldn't matter in your case, but it sounds like the same function for a different purpose.)

app103:
I remember that shortcut bar.

Mouser's Launchbar Commander might be another option. It has an option to autohide and is a great alternative to using the start menu. You could also place it on one of the sides instead of the top, if you want. And it has an option to delay, so it doesn't activate as easily as the Office bar, so you won't be tripping over it all the time. And if you are still activating it when you don't want, you can also access from the tray icon, and not from a bar at all, or use a keyboard shortcut to make it show.

To get a real feel for the possibilities, take a look at this thread of screenshots from users, showing how they have it configured. https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18759.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version