ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sike 1.0 - send file(s) to recycle bin via command line

<< < (6/7) > >>

MilesAhead:
The cmd /u? I didn't have to do anything special.
-daddydave (June 11, 2010, 06:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't know man. I just followed the instructions on the page and it seems to work. I didn't try all the permutations.  I'm not on a non English system, so I'm probably not the guy to test it.

daddydave:
If I use just about any text editor to open up the batch file I created in DOS, it thinks it's ANSI and garbles it.

So ummm, I guess it is ANSI, so never mind!  :-[

MilesAhead:
Trouble is to test something you really need the platform. I don't really have the space to keep a guinea pig machine in the corner.  As it is I have 2 PCs with an old kvma switch with PS/2 mouse, keyboard and CRT monitor.  The paint is worn off the HP wheel mouse where the index finger clicks. I can see inside the thing.  But, hey, it still works. :)

I finally changed the settings in Windows so I can launch without double clicking.  Save a bit of wear and tear on my index finger.

MilesAhead:
If I use just about any text editor to open up the batch file I created in DOS, it thinks it's ANSI and garbles it. (see attachment in previous post) So ummm, I guess it is ANSI, so never mind!  :-[

-daddydave (June 11, 2010, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

I still think there has to be a command prompt out there that automatically adjusts for unicode and code page or however it works.  otoh in Linux you can get all kinds of free GUI based console shells for free.  Seems like on Windows if they stick a menu on top of the window frame they want $30 for it.  So a self-adjusting freebie may not be out there.

Somebody that's big into parsing maybe that would be a good coding snack. :)

Stoic Joker:
Okay this might sound insane...but I do think it a language issue. (Bear with me)

I've been fighting with some .asp stuff and ran across an article (that I now can't find) that described simular character substitutions issues (as described above) during string compare operations when there was a language cross between A & B. I recognize some of the characters that swapped in majoMO's from the article.

May be check/validate the code-page used, or look into some of the runtime localization APIs.

Just thinking out loud here...I could be way off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version