ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

sike 1.0 - send file(s) to recycle bin via command line

<< < (3/7) > >>

daddydave:
Not sure if this would help, but is the batch file itself saved in Unicode or ANSI?

By the way, AutoIt3 has supported Unicode since version v3.2.4.0 but I too don't have much experience with trying to use it in DOS :-[ the command prompt.  

Nice workaround, majoMO!

MilesAhead:
(delete please)

MilesAhead:

As for the batch file, what kind of error do you get?-MilesAhead (June 11, 2010, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

No error at all. It just doesn't copy to recycle bin only.

* TestCmdLine
Bat file with:TestCmdLine.exe sike.exe "mçfilè.txt":

Bat file with:TestCmdLine.exe sike.exe "my.txt":

* All-round
If I use a .bat file I need to use this to work well:

@echo off
for /f "tokens=2 delims=:" %%a in ('2^>nul chcp') do set cp=%%a
>nul 2>&1 chcp 1252
sike.exe "mçfilè.txt"
>nul 2>&1 chcp%cp%
exit

If I use only «sike.exe "mçfilè.txt"» it doesn't work.

Hope this help.
-majoMO (June 11, 2010, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ok so you are saying you have to use the batch file work-around no matter which program you use in the batch?  If that's the case then it looks like the UTF-8 directive is worthless.

MilesAhead:
Not sure if this would help, but is the batch file itself saved in Unicode or ANSI?

By the way, AutoIt3 has supported Unicode since version v3.2.4.0 but I too don't have much experience with trying to use it in DOS :-[ the command prompt. 

Nice workaround, majoMO!

-daddydave (June 11, 2010, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're right. I confused this with an issue I had with ahk.  AutoIt3 no longer supports Win9x etc..

MilesAhead:
What they say on AutoIt3 forum seems to indicate the command prompt and run box don't support unicode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version