ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Feature request/Plugin idea] add search in dictionary.com

<< < (2/5) > >>

Werizon:
thank you:]

now i see how to add my own searches:]
thank you again:]
Find and Run Robot is incredible:]

another question, the last one;p
is there any easy way that i can get result page displayed in  Find and Run Robot window?

is there any easy way to achieve this:
i added this search to file you posted http://www.ling.pl/indexalt.php?word=brick
and i know that important part of html that i want to see in application window is between <div id='main'></div>
is there a way to put only this part in my Find and Run Robot window?

mouser:
two comments:

now i see how to add my own searches:
--- End quote ---

keep in mind that you shouldn't edit and modify the alias files in the "Installed" subdirectory (like where the Core-Linguistics.alias file is), because it will get overwritten when FARR is updated(!).  If you really wanted to make your own define alias you could first COPY it from that alias file into your own one in the "MyCustom" alias directory, and disable the built-in one so yours is used instead.  It's a bit tricky but it lets us keep the build in aliases updated.

is there any easy way that i can get result page displayed in  Find and Run Robot window?
--- End quote ---

there is, but you'll have to make your own custom alias for that.  to do this, check out the "igo" alias in the Core-Internet.alias file (note that you can view and edit these alias files from within FARR in the Alias/Groups tab, or edit the files directly with a text editor).

the igo alias uses the following result to show a web page in the internal farr window:
Internal Surf to $$1 | htmlviewurl $$1

so you see all you have to do is specify "htmlviewurl" in front of the url to have it opened internally.

good luck creating your own custom aliases! :)

Werizon:
ok this is really last question;p

is there a way to display only part of page i mean something like this

i add sutom alias i.e. http://www.ling.pl/indexalt.php?word=$$1
and i know that important part of html that i want to see in application window is between <div id='main'></div>

i understand tha i can sometimes need to load the whole page to display site correctly
but is there a way to hide everything besides interesting part "<div id='main'></div>"

sorry for my english

mouser:
--- End quote ---

now that is a great question.. the answer is no, and maybe in future.

there is no currently easy way to do what you want.

the ability to specify a regex to apply on a webpage before displaying would make for a great plugin -- i hope someone will make it.  there are other plugins that do this kind of thing internally for specific sites, but what we really could use is a plugin that can be invoked by aliases that do exactly what you are wanting, take a url and a regex pattern to match to build what to display and then display it.

there is also the WebMetaSearch plugin which is infinitely more complex than what you are requesting, and isn't really suited for what you want, but is related so i thought i'd mention it.

ewemoa:
The following has some possibly related info:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=12128.msg137164#msg137164

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version