ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ATNSOFT Key Manager, Key Remapper, Text Paster - 30% Discount Coupon Code

<< < (6/10) > >>

rjbull:
I got interested in HotKeyz's learn-by-example macro feature, but it appears not to work on Vista Home Premium with UAC On.  The help file doesn't say why, just that it only work with UAC Off.  Pity.  I also notice something in HotKeyP's Help file about the Vista and the "hook."

nudone:
hmm, i didn't really consider that but it would be very useful to have a (working) lean-by-example macro feature.

all of this examination makes me think there needs to be a DC software shootout on all of these (and more to come i'm sure) hotkey managers.

rjbull:
all of this examination makes me think there needs to be a DC software shootout on all of these (and more to come i'm sure) hotkey managers.
-nudone (May 19, 2010, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

zridling's Web page had some very useful material, but it's long gone  :(  Most people on DC seem besotted with AHK, but I'd like something that's quick and easy to set up without needing even elementary programming.

cranioscopical:
Most people on DC seem besotted with AHK, but I'd like something that's quick and easy to set up without needing even elementary programming.
--- End quote ---
FWIW, I find that Macro Express makes creating hot keys simple.

nudone:
i feel like i'm playing catch-up. and i wonder how i've missed most of the previous discussions (i'm assuming) there must have been on the forum about "auto" helper utils.

i've read through your ME review, Chris. sorry i missed it before. thanks. i'll check ME out later. i may have used it years ago (can't remember which macro program it was), yet i seem to be approaching these utils like i've never seen (or thought of) them before. i guess once i started using a programmable keyboard i forgot about the alternatives with macro/hotkey programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version