ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

ATNSOFT Key Manager, Key Remapper, Text Paster - 30% Discount Coupon Code

(1/10) > >>

Vladisl:
30% Discount on all products: ATNSOFT Key Manager, ATNSOFT Key Remapper and ATNSOFT Text Paster

Coupon Code: SPRING2010
Order Page: http://www.atnsoft.com/purchase/

nudone:
i'm considering buying the "Key Manager" as it will speed up my hotkey requirements i'll be using with my new keyboard layout.

BUT, although the GUI is very nice, i believe i'll be able to achieve more by using Autohotkey. one thing that i've realised that puts Key Manager at a big disadvantage is that there doesn't appear to be a global hotkey built it to temporarily disable/pause the keys/buttons the program is monitoring. there is a "pause" available from the tray icon but not a keyboard hotkey toggle.

this might sound odd to have a hotkey toggle for a hotkey manager - but providing the toggle hotkey remains working at all times, then it allows the standard key and mouse buttons to behave as normal when required.

Autohotkey would allow me to create a toggle key combination for all the macros and hotkeys that i intend to create - it's just going to take me quite a while to set all of that up, whereas i'll be able to do it in a few minutes with Key Manager (if it had the toggle feature).

(i've emailed ATNSOFT to see if i've missed this important feature.)

rjbull:
i'm considering buying the "Key Manager" as it will speed up my hotkey requirements i'll be using with my new keyboard layout.
-nudone (May 06, 2010, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

nudone, have you tried the freewares Hoekey, HotKeyP, Clavier and HotKeyz, and payware Comfort Keys, and found them wanting?

Vladisl, what extra features do you have in ATNSOFT Key Manager over these?

nudone:
i did use Hoekey years ago for a long time - not entirely sure why i stopped. maybe it was the popularity of autohotkey on this forum that made me think of nothing else.

i shall investigate the other hotkey managers you've mentioned - if they have a hotkey toggle to pause their other functions then i'll be very interested in them.

i'll let you know how i get on.

ATNSOFT have replied to my email and say that they will try to implement the toggle key in a future release. they also point out that you can use the current program with the "exceptions" feature - which means you can disable hotkey functions unless the associated program is running (or in focus i assume). unfortunately, i knew this already and it isn't really suitable for my requirements - which is a shame as Key Manager looked like an extremely powerful hotkey program otherwise.

rjbull:
hotkey toggle to pause their other functions then i'll be very interested in them.
-nudone (May 06, 2010, 05:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't use hotkeys much, but do run HoeKey, great little program, not least for having things like Terminate Current Process and hide/unhide windows on a stack.  I haven't checked HotKeyz because it has to be installed.  Someone asked about a hotkey to toggle Comfort Keys (which I do have installed) in their forum: Comfort Keys Lite Tastenkrzel activate / deactivate?.  There isn't one, but the author suggested a workaround by using a hotkey to load a blank Comfort Keys shortcuts file.  The other two are, or can be, no-install.  As far as I can see from the docs, only HotKeyP has a global toggle for itself, assuming I'm reading it correctly.  I'll be interested to hear of your investigations  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version