ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Hard drive Cleaning, which one you use?

<< < (3/5) > >>

majoMO:
There is very little reason to remove a few extra bytes, because of the increased risk.-Curt (May 05, 2010, 05:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
I agree. E.g. to delete all .bak files could mess with your Office.

I use:

- To clean: 1. CleanAfterMe in a diary base (command line: CleanAfterMe.exe /clean CleanAfterMe.log, shortcut in quick launcher); 2. Eusing Windows Washer; 3. Eusing Registry Cleaner.
- To  track installations and uninstall: ZSoft Uninstaller, that does an excellent work.
- To search: RegScanner to registry; SearchMyFiles to files (both from NirSoft).

ha14:
Hi Cyberdiva, I think hard drive powerwash fixed that problems with MOzilla browser, myself I tried this soft and  for unknown reason cleaned some junk files that were preventing me to instal a soft. Well now I found a giveaway of Hard Drive Powerwash
http://www.techishare.com/blog/tech/clean-windows-with-hard-drive-powerwash-giveaway/

And yes NirSoft are generous for offering some interesting soft to us as freewares. Regscanner is nice but I use RTSCANTool and the reason is that I earlier uninstalled Regscanner and didnt put it back. But I am surprised that after uninstalling sodt with Revo and cleaning registry with some tools RTSCANTOOL finds left over reg keys!!!!

cyberdiva:
Hi Cyberdiva, I think hard drive powerwash fixed that problems with MOzilla browser,
-ha14 (May 09, 2010, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi, ha14, I'm glad to hear that the Firefox cookies problem has been fixed.  Thanks for letting me know.

Smin:
CCleaner will be nice.

sajman99:
...Regscanner is nice but I use RTSCANTool and the reason is that I earlier uninstalled Regscanner and didnt put it back. But I am surprised that after uninstalling soft with Revo and cleaning registry with some tools RTSCANTOOL finds left over reg keys!!!!
-ha14 (May 09, 2010, 12:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

ha14, thanks for the mention of RT Scan Tool. I hadn't heard of it previously--looks like it's only in alpha stage.

I'm also surprised if it found something RegScanner didn't because NirSoft's tool covers more reg keys. Even so, RT Scan Tool is free, small, and portable so I guess I'll be keeping it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version