ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Hard drive Cleaning, which one you use?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
... which soft do you recommend and how to adjust filters?
-ha14 (May 05, 2010, 01:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

1) which soft do you recommend? = none.
Once in a while, but rarely, I will run some cleaner...:

2) how to adjust filters? = cautious & safe.
There is very little reason to remove a few extra bytes, because of the increased risk.

ha14:
Wow that is a good list, in fact when I use Revo to uninstal some soft then I check with RTScan tool and I see left over reg keys which then I delete them. But not sure if this method is the ultimate one. Then I find out Hard Drive Powerwash(http://www.harddrivepowerwash.com/), this to clean hard drive from junks, well the free version do this but the premium shareware goes more

MerleOne:
DiskMax and CCleaner are what I use on a regular basis.  when using DiskMax, use Quick mode first, Standard mode is already pretty extreme (it removes Windows hotfixes uninstallation files for instance).

cyberdiva:
Then I find out Hard Drive Powerwash(http://www.harddrivepowerwash.com/), this to clean hard drive from junks, well the free version do this but the premium shareware goes more
-ha14 (May 06, 2010, 03:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
I tried Hard Drive Powerwash not long ago and was rather unimpressed.  I kept having to re-enter all my settings each time I used it.  It wouldn't remember them from one use to the next.  Also, it looked for my Firefox cookies in the wrong place.  Two years ago, when Firefox came out with version 3, it changed where the cookies were stored, but Hard Drive Powerwash still looked in the location for version 2 and then reported that it couldn't find them.

Carol Haynes:
CCleaner (but I don't bother with the registry bits) are a good way to clean up loads of crap safely (including unwanted system restore points).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version