ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Process Tamer and Process Lasso

(1/3) > >>

greyowl:
I have not used either of these apps and wondering which one would be best.
From people who have used both, I am wondering about a comparison of them.  Do they do the same thing or are they complimentary?  Can you use both at the same time? How do they compare in terms of resource use?

mouser:
They are very similar tools -- you wouldn't want to run both of them at the same time.  Both are good.  Process Tamer is a little more narrowly focused, and so perhaps a little more lightweight and minimalistic.  Process Lasso is updated more frequently.  Try them both out and stick with the one that suits you best ! :)

greyowl:
Thank you for the information.

I am wanting something that is minimal but does the job without using much memory or CPU so I with try Process Tamer first.

Midnight Rambler:
Recently installed Process Lasso on XP SP3 and Vista SP1 boxes and it appears to work as advertised.  The speedup is more apparent on the XP box though probably because it is an older system and is single core.

Giveawayoftheday.com offered it so figured I had nothing to lose.  Lasso reviewer references were made to Tamer - even by the author of Lasso - as an alternative and was going to try it first as an addition to my donationcoder.com arsenal but as Mouser stated, Lasso's updates appear more frequent and users rated it highly overall.  Well written utilities that perform as promised that aren't resource hogs are keepers.

The need for speed is insatiable.

legendcvb:
Process Tamer 在 单核电脑使用很好 Process Lasso 资源占用就不太好。经常有卡死现象。多核心电脑 Process Lasso  就优异一些。

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version