ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

XML editor

<< < (3/4) > >>

daddydave:
It's been a while since I've had a need to edit XML, but I always liked <a href="http://www.wmhelp.com/">WMHelp's XMLPad</a> best, also freeware. It can validate-as-you-type based on your XML schema file (XSD or DTD) and seemed the most straightforward of all the ones I tried at the time.

ewemoa:
Thanks for this suggestion, daddydave.

Unfortunately, my attempts at trying the software out without running the installer ended in vain.

Ath:
Despite all the structured views of the XML managers (editors seems a little too less description) named here, I'm not going to switch from my favorite for handling XML: Notepad++ (aka NPP). None of them handles XML much easier then just like plain text, and the default color settings are sometimes even worst than plain b/w.
NPP handles XML just so nicely, by offering the entire file in the editor window, with all/current nodes (un)collapsible with simple keystrokes, a readable color coding default setting, and what not. And because I use it a lot when handling any text-like files, it is installed on most of my development and test systems, so I usually have it around when I need it :)

tinjaw:
There are two suggestions I have. One is the free, simple, yet powerful enough XML Notepad 2007 from Microsoft. The other is one for professional developers, Oxygen XML Editor. It is expensive, but worth it if you need a professional grade tool for working with all things XML.

Curt:
..., Oxygen XML Editor. It is expensive, ...-tinjaw (May 10, 2010, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Competitive Upgrade

Switch from any commercial XML tool to <oXygen/> XML Editor and save up to 30% off.
--- End quote ---

-however, "up to" is not further specified

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version