ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EKOPath 4 Compiler suite is now Open Source

<< < (3/3)

f0dder:
Instead of running 'pathcc' to compile, I needed to run 'pathCC', which is the C++ compiler.
Apparently, 'pathcc' is the C compiler. o_O-Edvard (July 12, 2011, 03:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've always found case sensitive filesystems (and the use of them) to be utterly moronic and confusing - this is another fine example :)

Anyway, interesting development... now (or 'soon'? :P) we have EKOPath, LLVM and GCC on the open source front, with Intel and Microsoft on the closed path. Never bad with a bit of healthy competition :)

Edvard:
I've always found case sensitive filesystems (and the use of them) to be utterly moronic and confusing - this is another fine example
-f0dder (August 16, 2011, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe a bit daunting at first, and I don't know the original justification, but I've gotten quite comfortable with it; not confusing at all.

What I find confusing is this particular choice of file naming.
They could've warned us...
Anyway, interesting development... now (or 'soon'? :P) we have EKOPath, LLVM and GCC on the open source front, with Intel and Microsoft on the closed path. Never bad with a bit of healthy competition :)

--- End quote ---
I'm actually looking forward to folks hacking other languages into EKOPath...
D, C#, .NET, Pascal, Ada, COBOL anyone?  :huh:

f0dder:
I've always found case sensitive filesystems (and the use of them) to be utterly moronic and confusing - this is another fine example
-f0dder (August 16, 2011, 11:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe a bit daunting at first, and I don't know the original justification, but I've gotten quite comfortable with it; not confusing at all.-Edvard (August 16, 2011, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Original justification is probably laziness, or some ill-conceived performance reasons - it's more code+runtime work to make the filesystem case insensitive.

I've never seen a good reason for case sensitivity, though, case preservation is sufficient.

What I find confusing is this particular choice of file naming.-Edvard (August 16, 2011, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've seen '.C' for C++ files... so it kinda makes twisted sense in that mindset.

Edvard:
I tend to agree WRT case-sensitive filesystems, but *sigh* that's where I'm at so I just deal with it.
If searches and shell auto-completion could be case-insensitive, I could live with it even better.

Tsk, tsk, so much vitriol:
http://www.raizlabs.com/blog/173/linuxunix-case-sensitivity  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version