ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

could two numeric keypads work at the same time

<< < (5/17) > >>

nudone:
i think once i open the case up i'll see a rubber mat for the keyboard input. a few other bits for numlock, etc. lights.

if the keyboard is some kind of rubber input i'll try folding it or rolling it up a bit - i won't just cut everything in half. if there are wires that do need to be cut then i'll have to join them somehow.

might be too difficult, i admit. or it might be quite simple...

mouser:
you know what would be smart is if you can find a local supercheap bad keyboard you can try the experiment on first -- rather than cutting up a keyboard you actually use.

nudone:
i won't rush in to it. if it looks possible i'll do it. if i can't see how to keep it all working, except for the numberic keys, then i won't go ahead with it.

so, if i do break it, it will be because i just couldn't have avoided it - like not understanding what kind of replacement wire was required to connect things i had to cut. i'm hoping it won't be that difficult though.

nudone:
after a quick battle with the logitech g11 i've had to concede a small defeat. there appears to be a thin circuit board directly where i want to cut things in two. this circuit board also appears to be part of the rubber key membrane - so i'm not going to attempt to do anything further. note: this isn't the main circuit board, just something weird that's soldered to the rubber membrane.

i shall now order one of those numeric key pads and see how that feels after i've tried programming the keys using autohotkey. if that works then i'll get a new small width keyboard. it's just a pity there won't be any back lighted keys.

mouser:
It's really too bad no one has come up with a company that can custom build keyboards to users desired shape and size and layout.. that might be quite popular.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version