ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

could two numeric keypads work at the same time

<< < (17/17)

app103:
What about something like this? (I don't think this one is back-lit though)

nudone:
yes, something like that - but with illuminated keys  :)

I'd already looked at the Evoluent before getting the Sidewinder. One advantage it has over the Sidewinder, is that it has even more room for a right handed mouse user - as the cursor and home keys are moved from their standard location.

But, i do find that i quite like using the cursor keys at the expected keyboard location - they are the sort of keys i use without looking at or thinking about - it's all by habit. so, if they weren't in their typical place, i might find it annoying. which means i'd not risk getting the Evoluent - well, i would risk it if it had illuminated keys, i wouldn't be able to resist trying it.

app103:
But, i do find that i quite like using the cursor keys at the expected keyboard location - they are the sort of keys i use without looking at or thinking about - it's all by habit. so, if they weren't in their typical place, i might find it annoying. which means i'd not risk getting the Evoluent - well, i would risk it if it had illuminated keys, i wouldn't be able to resist trying it.
-nudone (August 25, 2010, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think all of their products take some getting used to, retraining new habits to replace the old. I noticed with my mouse that I have developed some habits that don't carry over to other (normal) mice and/or operating systems too well. Now I am annoyed when I have to live without all the features of my Evoluent mouse or when the OS doesn't support it fully and assigns different functions (forward/back) to my "copy/paste" buttons*.

*select text on a web page, click thumb button to copy...wait a min...what's it doing? ahhhhh! Now I am not on that page any more  :(

nudone:
umm, i know what you mean. at least, you can be thankful that your own machine is set up "just right". using other computers without my hotkeys installed does just make me think how glad i'll be to get back on my own machine.

app103:
umm, i know what you mean. at least, you can be thankful that your own machine is set up "just right". using other computers without my hotkeys installed does just make me think how glad i'll be to get back on my own machine.
-nudone (August 25, 2010, 05:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wish! I have a dual boot machine and I can't make heads or tails about how to get the mouse to work the way I want under Ubuntu, which makes me more than happy to reboot to Windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version