ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for a "last accessed - with date" application

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
In Windows Vista, simply open "Add/Remove Programs", right-click on 'Name' and click "More..." and click 'Last Accessed...'.

here in Danish:

It is Microsoft and Windows, so you can of course not fully trust the results...

cyberdiva:
It is Microsoft and Windows, so you can of course not fully trust the results...
-Curt (May 03, 2010, 05:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I think this warning should be in red.  I have found the information about "last accessed" provided by Add/Remove Programs to be absurdly unreliable.  I'm basing my statement mostly on WindowsXP but also to some degree on Windows 7 (I've never used Vista, so I can't comment on that).

Innuendo:
I know that some file managers are supposed to be able to do that but quite often they really show the "last modified date".-joiwind (May 03, 2010, 01:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some, like Total Commander, for instance allows you to configure it to show either Last Modified Date, Last Access Date...and even both simultaneously in addition to lots of other values.

Not to mention you could display this information for all your files not only your exe files (although it can set a filter to only display exes as well).

joiwind:
Thanks for the input. I think I'll stick with Karen's Directory Printer : it's really powerful, there are many filters (you can create your own), print to paper or to a text file in whatever order you choose.
So now I have this list of exe's in date order from today to way back when and I can get on with the Spring cleaning... ;D

majoMO:
BulkFileChanger by NirSoft is useful and interesting also:

* BulkFileChanger is a small utility that allows you to create files list from multiple folders, and then make some action on them - Modify their created/modified/accessed time, change their file attribute (Read Only, Hidden, System), run an executable with these files as parameter, and copy/cut paste into Explorer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version