ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The conflict of interest that is Google

<< < (6/27) > >>

40hz:
The bigger question for me is what the revenue split is between various types of pages.
-JavaJones (May 05, 2010, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you're asking here. AdWords is where Google makes it's big money.

But if you want to know what the split is among the advertisers who are in the AdWords program, you're right in assuming Google isn't ever going to share that information. Especially since AdWords is an auction based "pay to play" system. Not allowing advertisers to obtain what economists call "perfect information" prior to placing a bid generally results in higher bids all around. And that's good for Google.

That's the sort of stuff that usually falls under the heading of Company Proprietary Private and gets a big honkin' blue CONFIDENTIAL stamp on it.

If they told ya - they'd have to kill ya!  ;D

-------

@superboyac - Yeah,...Bloody Damn huh?
Like I said - I knew they were doing good, but I never knew it was that good.

:)

JavaJones:
Yes, of course I don't expect Google to actually disclose that info. But it's the only way questions like how much money the "screen scraping" sites make for Google will ever be answered. That discussion earlier in the thread is what I was referring to.

- Oshyan

40hz:
I feel much the same way about the 'Singularity' event leading up to the Big Bang.

But I expect we'll probably get an answer to that question sooner. :) ;)

Tuxman:
I'm not sure what you're asking here. AdWords is where Google makes it's big money.-40hz (May 05, 2010, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wasn't it the combination of AdSense and Analytics (which is actually not even legal in some countries but no-one really cares)?

Gwen7:
almost anything is illegal somewhere in this world if you look hard enough.

try not to lose too much sleep over it. :)  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version