ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo repair/replace tcpip.sys ?

<< < (9/9)

Innuendo:
I was merely using a link I had in Firefox, leading to the "Security Suite" page. The link was 'old' so it was (of course) leading to version 2009. I didn't stop to think they would have a special page for the new version 7. Yeah, I know... sometimes the answer is too easy...
-Curt (May 26, 2010, 12:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you got it sorted, Curt. While some companies are guilty of the behavior April and others have outlined, Agnitum has publicly stated on more than one occasion that the lifetime license for the security suite is valid for all future versions (2010, 2011, or whatever else the name changes to).

It was a very good deal the offer they had & I think they realized it was too good a deal because they haven't repeated it yet even though the firewall program seems to be on perpetual sale for a lifetime license.

Curt:
touché  :-[-Curt (May 23, 2010, 03:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hope I didn't come off too harsh with that. Just re-read it and I meant it more as a teasing than an "I told you so" so I hope you didn't take offense. You got the problem fixed & that's all that really matters in the end.
-Innuendo (May 30, 2010, 09:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
..., today I was changing the settings inside AnVir Task Manager Pro, and the following words that I never read or understood before  suddenly made new sense to me:

Enable Internet traffic monitoring. (May cause errors in network driver tcpip.sys).-AnVir Task Manager Pro
--- End quote ---
-Curt (May 19, 2010, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you got your system working, Curt....if you hadn't doubted my words in post #5 in this thread we would have gotten to the bottom of this problem sooner. :)
-Innuendo (May 22, 2010, 05:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Maybe then I wouldn't have learned that AnVir already knew the answer, and maybe I wouldn't have taken the time to figure out why my license key for Online Armor++ was nowhere to be found. But now I know the problem wasn't all that unique, and I finally backed up my license key email from the tall emu. So all in all, everything turned out for the best ;-)

Today my question merely is if I should install Outpost Security Suite 7 now, or if I should wait for "SP 1", so to speak? No, Outpost is not XP or Vista, there will be no SP 1, but ... you know ... will it be stable on my unstable Vista? Hmm... Online Armor++ already is working well...

Innuendo:
Today my question merely is if I should install Outpost Security Suite 7 now, or if I should wait for "SP 1", so to speak? No, Outpost is not XP or Vista, there will be no SP 1, but ... you know ... will it be stable on my unstable Vista? Hmm... Online Armor++ already is working well...-Curt (May 30, 2010, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

If Online Armor++ is working well you may want to stick with that, but I am a beta tester and while the first two betas were rather rough, by the time we got to the private RC candidate things were running smoothly. Then came the public RC and then the final which is up for download now.

If you're still curious, though, I suggest you run down the list of features OSS has and see if you'll be missing anything important if you stick with Online Armor++.

Innuendo:
Today my question merely is if I should install Outpost Security Suite 7 now, or if I should wait for "SP 1", so to speak? No, Outpost is not XP or Vista, there will be no SP 1, but ... you know ... will it be stable on my unstable Vista? Hmm... Online Armor++ already is working well...-Curt (May 30, 2010, 10:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Took the time today to poke around Online Armor's site and I cannot speak towards the strengths it has over Agnitum's OSS as I have never used Online Armor, but I can speak towards the few 'deficiencies' I found (And, of course, what may be a deficiency to me may not be of consequence at all to you):

- Online Activation: Online Armor requires online activation for its licenses whereas Agnitum's OSS does not. I won't get into the arguments about this, but I always try to avoid online activation wherever possible.

- VB100: Agnitum's OSS regularly brings in VB100 awards and that gives me a warm tingly feeling inside. I don't know Online Armor's track records with VB100, but I'm thinking if they had something to crow about it'd be plastered all over their site alongside all the other reviews & testimonials.

- 64-bit support: In order to get access to the Online Armor 64-bit exe you have to send an email to be included in the private beta. Agnitum's OSS has a mature, publicly tested 64-bit exe that has been working spendidly for me on Windows 7 x64 thus far. Of course, this bullet point is meaningless if you do not run a 64-bit OS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version