ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Steam Sale: 50% off Guild Wars Trilogy

<< < (5/7) > >>

wraith808:
That's an interesting idea- I think I'll do the same on my blog.  (Of course, I could be playing during that time, but that would make too much sense LOL )

UPDATE: So a partial list for me is now at http://wraith808.com/blog/?p=36.  This is only my PC games, and only those purchased since 1/1/2009 (to go any older would probably make me ill...)

p3lb0x:
My god, you people are nutters. Why do you keep buying games when you have so many old ones to pick from? I can understand wanting to save money by buying stuff that is on sale. But think of all the money you would have saved if you had played what you already own.

Deozaan:
I guess my list of unplayed/hardly played games has grown since I've gotten Steam, what with their frequent sales.

There are only two games in my list that I haven't played at all since I bought them--Overlord 2 and Half Life 2: Episode 1--but that's because I was waiting until I finished the Overlord 1 and replayed Half Life 2 before moving on to the sequels.

I did make it through HL2 again without yet moving on to Episode 1, but I have not completed Overlord 1, and it's one of those games that I may never do so, simply because "I've moved on" since then. Not that the game was bad or anything.

Anyway, p3lb0x has a point. I often think to myself I shouldn't buy any more games until I finish all the ones I've purchased, but then comes along another Steam sale and something I've had my eye on (for years, perhaps) is only $5 and I can't resist buying it. Especially if it is multiplayer and I have a friend or family member who is also getting it.

lanux128:
i'm with Deozaan here. you can't blame me if Psychonauts or AvP Classic goes on sale for $2. :D (i'm looking at you Steam).

plus i also purchase indie games as a show of support for indie games devs, such as Braid, World of Goo, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Machinarium, Killing Floor and the most recent - Humble Indie Bundle.

wraith808:
<snip />
...but then comes along another Steam sale and something I've had my eye on (for years, perhaps) is only $5 and I can't resist buying it. Especially if it is multiplayer and I have a friend or family member who is also getting it.
-Deozaan (May 09, 2010, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1.  Heck, +1000 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version