ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Steam Sale: 50% off Guild Wars Trilogy

<< < (6/7) > >>

MerleOne:
BTW, if the last Steam updated resulted in a non working Steam, with "unable to load modules" error or something like that, I found a fix using google : basically, you rename Steam.dll in the Steam top program directory, launch Steam again, it reloads the "full" update and starts to work again.

Lashiec:
But think of all the money you would have saved if you had played what you already own.
-p3lb0x (May 09, 2010, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not really, you only delay the inevitable ;D

wraith808:
But think of all the money you would have saved if you had played what you already own.
--- End quote ---

-Lashiec (May 11, 2010, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup:

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

-Lashiec (May 11, 2010, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not necessarily. If I had spent my time playing what I already owned instead of buying a new game, then by the time I finished the games I already owned, the "new" ones would no longer be new and would likely be greatly reduced in price. Maybe even available on a $5 or $10 Steam sale instead of $30 or $40.

Time is slowly teaching me that being an Early Adopter with paid software/hardware usually means you get the short straw. In the case of PC games, a lot of them need serious bug patching for the first few weeks/months and are $50-$60. In the case of gaming consoles, usually in a year or two a newer model comes out with better features (though sometimes features are removed, as was the case with the PS3's backwards compatibility) and there's a price drop.

If I had purchased all my games for $30 or less instead of buying them new for $50 for the past 10 years, I'd have had hundreds of dollars to spend on other games or other things. And that's even if I had bought all the games I already own. It would have just cost less total because I'd have waited for the price to go down due to playing my games to the end.

wraith808:
Yeah... I learned that a while ago.  Which is why it is only a delay of the inevitable now.  That is, unless I can't find it by the time I want to play it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version