ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Review of 7 Cloud Storage Services

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
^ It looked interesting from the interface perspective, but I couldn't get it running because of restrictions at my jobsite.  What were the negatives?

40hz:
^ On my machine: major boot delays, resource hogging, stability issues, and lockups.

On one of my client's machines: all of the above - plus getting locked out of his account for no apparent reason on two separate occasions. Even Microsoft couldn't explain what happened other than to remind him Live Mesh was still in beta.

(He's since gone over to DropBox.  :up:)

MrCrispy:
I'm using Mesh for moderate amounts of data (<1gb) but more importantly its remote desktop. That works great! I can easily work from home and also access my home pc from outside. The only problem I have is IE will crash sometimes if I resize the window while using RDP.

I also use Dropbox and it has a much nicer interface as well as file history in the website.

Deozaan:
SpiderOak is pretty good. It's a bit more complicated than Dropbox, but it also has many more features.

Ampa:
It strikes me that one major failing of all these Cloud storage systems (for the average home user) is the painfully slow upload speed on ADSL connections.

Backing up 2GB of data at <32kb/s is no fun at all. :(

I guess in the future upload speeds will rise, but for now I will stick to USB Flash, CD/DVDs and external HDs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version