ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ergonomic mouse and keyboard

<< < (4/5) > >>

cranioscopical:
don't make 'em anymore, so don't know what I'll do when it dies
-barney (April 30, 2010, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I happen to use Logitech. When they disappeared from local stores I bought some through e-bay.
FWIW, I just stuck "MS Trackball Explorer e-bay" into Google and came up with a bunch of MS trackballs.
Just passing along the idea as I know trackball withdrawal symptoms first-hand.

barney:
Thx, cranioscopical,

I had already hit Amazon - $495, when I searched, & they only showed having two - amazing how scarcity ups the price, ain't it?

Have a natural antipathy towards eBay due to something that happened to a then coworker and a few other friends later, but it seems definitely worthwhile to subdue my distaste in this instance :-\.

mouser:
i have the ms ergonomic keyboard 4000 (dc member wordzilla bought it for me as a wonderful present!), and i really like it.  the one thing i would warn you though about getting an "ergonomic" keyboard, is that it does cause problems when you use another pc without it.. surely in time the brain would adjust to switching between keyboards but it's not easy.  so if you regularly use multiple pcs, you might want to reconsider getting one.

app103:
i quite like the look of the TypeMatrix keyboard. i've also found this one, the "mouse friendly" keyboard (i've also seen a few left-handed keyboards now, which is what this is under another name): http://www.evoluent.com/kb1.html
-nudone (April 30, 2010, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use their vertical mouse, and absolutely love it! http://www.evoluent.com/vm3.html

i have the ms ergonomic keyboard 4000 (dc member wordzilla bought it for me as a wonderful present!), and i really like it.  the one thing i would warn you though about getting an "ergonomic" keyboard, is that it does cause problems when you use another pc without it.. surely in time the brain would adjust to switching between keyboards but it's not easy.  so if you regularly use multiple pcs, you might want to reconsider getting one.
-mouser (May 01, 2010, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's how I got my mouse. (wordzilla is a great guy!) And I would make the same recommendation about what happens when you get too used to it, but I'll take that even one more step. If you have a multi-user pc, you might want to attach another normal mouse to it for others to use. They typically will not like your vertical mouse unless they are used to it. In fact, they will probably hate it unless you force them to use it exclusively for a week. (then they will love it)

Because my daughter occasionally uses my PC, I have a second normal mouse connected that I keep behind my keyboard. When she wants to use the pc, I stick my mouse on top of the desk and move the other one forward.

bgd77:
Thanks for the replies!

I try to have a correct posture at the desk, but I cannot stay in that position all the time. A vertical mouse seems a very interesting idea, I'll give it a try, and I will also try the Microsoft ergonomic 4000 keyboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version