ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ergonomic mouse and keyboard

<< < (3/5) > >>

nudone:
;D  That's what everyone thinks that I've done to mine!!
-Perry Mowbray (April 30, 2010, 10:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
i'm pretty sure that's what you've done too. no one is crazy enough to buy a keyboard that's already sawn in two. it worked for you - so it will work for me  :D

Perry Mowbray:
If you really are (you are surprising me now...  ;))... I think you'd have to saw two in half, as one side is bound to become unusable  :o

nudone:
i'm going to look at this insides of this keyboard (soon) but i expect the board that acts as the circuit for all the keys will be too difficult to cut - but, if not, then i'll consider cutting things up very carefully. i only want the numberpad area removing really.

i've also seen a few usb style numberpads you can buy quite cheap. i'm tempted to get one of them and then use something like autohotkey to provide all of the programmable keys i use with this current G11 keyboard.

one other reason i didn't want to lose this G11 board is that the keys are illuminated. i guess i just want too much in one package.

kfitting:
Dont forget that "ergonomic" gadgets are only 1/4 of the solution.  I've found working on better posture (and all the work that entails) is way more useful than any ergonomic devices.  Wrist pain, back pain, hip pain, etc can all be caused by poor posture.

See this previous thread:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=14770.0

barney:
I've been using ergonomic keyboards for a decade or more.  Tried a split keyboard, but you cannot put a split keyboard on your lap, a sometime necessity for me.

Never did like meeses, been using MS Trackball Explorer longer than the ergonomic keyboards.  (Wore two out, and this one is getting iffy:  don't make 'em anymore, so don't know what I'll do when it dies :'(.)  Reason for this particular model is that my hand is at the most natural angle - for me, 30-45 degrees - thus no undue stress on the wrist.  With the thumb controlling the primary mouse buttons & wheel, and first two or three finger[tip]s controlling the ball, there is minimal motion for any given digit or for the wrist.  That's an important point for old (or young) arthritic hands.  Tried the flat and the thumb controlled trackballs, but the Explorer was the least stressful - again, for me.

The angle on the keyboard - currently MS 4000 - relieves back pain that was experienced with flat keyboards, and the original reason for trying one.

You'll just have to experiment, methinks, to find the configuration that fits you most comfortably.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version