ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Ergonomic mouse and keyboard

(1/5) > >>

bgd77:
Hi there. I stay many hours in front of computers, both at work and at home. A few months ago I started to feel pain in my right wrist, so I moved the mouse in my left hand. My left wrist now hurts also, so I decided to buy an ergonomic mouse and keyboard.

So, my question is, do you use such devices? Could you make some recommandations?

Thanks,
bgd77

nosh:
I have been using Microsoft's Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for some months and absolutely love it.

The only disadvantage: there may be a small learning curve involved for a touch typist because of its contours.

The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Desktop 7000 bundles the wireless version of this keyboard with a mouse that feels too much like holding a potato for me to like it.  :)

nudone:
this is probably too simple a solution but it's something i encountered just this week...

i raised my office chair about 3 inches a few days ago - within an hour my wrists where aching (which they never do normally). i ignored this for a day or two and in the end decided to lower the chair again as it was just too painful on the wrists.

so, maybe, that's all that is required. my office table is actually a bit higher than my chair arm-wrests - which means my elbows are lower than my wrists when i'm sat at the computer.

other than that, i'd recommed any keyboard but keep it flat and use any mouse that has a very low front and a high back - thereby lifting your wrist slighty when you place your hand on it.

nite_monkey:
One option you can do is eliminate the need to move your mouse at all, and get a trackball mouse. That is what I use now, and I love it.

daddydave:
I have been using Microsoft's Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for some months and absolutely love it.
-nosh (April 29, 2010, 10:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can you give me the the dimensions of keyboard? I am considering one, and curious whether it would fit in my keyboard drawer (not that I'm really a fan of keyboard drawers, but there is kind of a house rule to "hide" things.) One I thought I could use was too tall.

EDIT: Never mind, I see the PDF with specs at the link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version