ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BootRacer-Check Your Boot Speed

<< < (4/4)

sajman99:
But I guess I'm just cheap. :-[ I mean, I can't really see paying for software to tell me my stopwatch was off by a few seconds.
-sajman99 (May 05, 2010, 02:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't Bootracer freeware?
-Darwin (May 05, 2010, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, BootRacer is free for non-commercial use.

Initially I was thinking about a commercial license for $19.95, but decided against it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :P

MilesAhead:
For one computer I don't see the need.  If you are a sysadmin with a computer farm to manage then something like that may be a good tool.  What is the obsession with nano-seconds to boot? If it comes up clean so I can get a coffee that's what matters to me.  If you have to keep reconfiguring stuff or installing stuff and you end up in a rebooting cycle all day then I can see it.

For one computer what's so difficult about using a stop watch?  Unless it takes so long you fall asleep and forget to stop the watch?
-MilesAhead (May 05, 2010, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

;D Maybe make sure you take a few gulps of that coffee before turning on the machine. ;D
-sajman99 (May 05, 2010, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Either that or leave the volume maxed so the logon welcome wakes me up. :)

ha14:
There is also 3DP Bench 9.06
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Benchmarks/3DP-Bench.shtml

The 3DP Bench application was designed to be a small tool that measures boot up time, reboot time and provides online ranking system. Compare your system with other users on online ranking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version