ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Discussion: How can we Improve DonationCoder?

<< < (13/18) > >>

Dormouse:
Can anyone give examples of forums (with tags etc) that they think have better forum features than DC? I've seen all sorts of things like this in other places, and have generally thought that they've made things worse (or no better at best). I can see some sort of system, as on Amazon, that says "Other people who looked at this also looked at these", "If you like this, you might like these" might help navigate to other relevant/interesting threads, articles or reviews, but I don't think I have seen a feature like that anywhere - and simple tagging just doesn't do it for me.

Armando:
Can anyone give examples of forums (with tags etc) that they think have better forum features than DC? I've seen all sorts of things like this in other places, and have generally thought that they've made things worse (or no better at best). I can see some sort of system, as on Amazon, that says "Other people who looked at this also looked at these", "If you like this, you might like these" might help navigate to other relevant/interesting threads, articles or reviews, but I don't think I have seen a feature like that anywhere - and simple tagging just doesn't do it for me.
-Dormouse (April 29, 2010, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I completely agree.

paarkhi:
Sorry all seniors but IMHO I think we need more coders who can code on requests because that's how I came to know about this website...

Newsletters is also a +1

40hz:
Sorry all seniors but IMHO I think we need more coders who can code on requests because that's how I came to know about this website...

-paarkhi (May 01, 2010, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, that's always gonna be a challenge to address
any place where the "Gimme-Gimmies" outnumber the "doers."

And that's about 99% of everywhere.

;) ;D

Stoic Joker:
What about having a code snippets library with sample code bits on how to do various things that tend to trip people up when coding. Like my first attempt at using a ListView control took way longer than it needed to because of the complexity involved - Until I ran into the right code sample that made things (finally) click.

Kind of like what CodeProject does but a much simpler version that consentrates on basic How-to-Use-Control-X examples, instead of just providing the source with/for large, complex, & complete(er) projects.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version